davek525d

Alarm keeps going off.....ahhh!

Hope someone can help. My alarm keeps going off.. It seemed random but I think it's only when the car is parked on the flat, mostly outside the office maybe it just doesn't like going to work!. When it's on the drive at home, which is a slight slope and the car is facing down the hill is doesn't do it.

I have already re wired the tailgate last year to solve all the usual rear end E61 issues and checked the div ant and it was bone dry. I'll check the div ant again when it stops raining but is there anything else I should be looking at?

I've got no other electrical issues at all...can't believe I've just said that but everything else is working fine.

Need to get this fixed as it's bloody annoying.

I haven't got a cable or INPA and there are no faults on iDrive showing. Checked that yesterday when it went off the second time.

I know an Indy who has a Snap On diagnostic machine. I assume they will show on there if there are any fault codes

Try double locking i.e. lock with remote then press the remote again. This will disable the interior sensors (so you can leave a dog in the car). This might help narrow it down a bit. It might be the motion sensor that is being triggered by wind at work????

Dave

Good idea I'll try this on Monday as it won't go off at the weekends!

Not sure the dog will like being in the car all day though !!

On the E39 with random alarm going off the first port of call is the bonnet sensor. Cost me a tenner and I'm sure the E60 one is just as cheap.

Yep, bonnet sensor was the problem on my X5 too. Water ingress.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I have double pressed the lock button to turn off interior sensors all last week and it hasn't gone off all week. Then today it goes off. I will check the bonnet sensor tomorrow but never get a warning regarding the bonnet and I suppose that's not surprising.

Thanks for the advice hope it's just the bonnet sensor.