Mazi

E39 Nav Knob Upgrade

Just took the knobs out of my wife's car (1 Series conv with standard stereo) and they won't fit on my nav unit because the holes are too big and they have splines whereas the nav unit uses a flat on the shaft.

That may explain the 2 different part numbers that Cotswolds have then.6ymyqyna.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Yep looks like a bummer on this unless someone who has done the mod can be more specific. Cotswolds have priced the knobs at £9 each so £18 per pair. That's only posting a batch to me so a couple of quid postage would need to go on top. Plus we can't be sure on part number and then from the picture above ( thanks for trying by the way ) it looks like not all will fit 😞

Yep looks like a bummer on this unless someone who has done the mod can be more specific. Cotswolds have priced the knobs at £9 each so £18 per pair. That's only posting a batch to me so a couple of quid postage would need to go on top. Plus we can't be sure on part number and then from the picture above ( thanks for trying by the way ) it looks like not all will fit 😞

I reckon it's a safe bet that the 1 series nav knobs will fit. I'll pop into my local Bmw parts dept tomorrow and see if they can help (they might even have one on the shelf that I can try out).

Arrr so the point I'm missing then is that the 1's have a different knob for radio and nav? Thanks for the effort... I think my local dealer would put the closed sign up if I went in and asked about something like that!

Edited by Fish

yes, radio & nav knobs are different

do a search on m5board, I found the part numbers on there when I was looking before I got the Storm ones

Popped in to see the friendly parts guy at my local dealer and found that because the 1 series nav knobs (quoted £16.50 each not inc discount) aren't off the shelf items he'd need to order them from Germany, which means they won't take them back if they don't fit. If someone can provide a definite part number that they have used for this it'd be much appreciated.

Bumping this thread for pics of any of the E90 or 1 Series sat nav knobs - the stormwerks items are not available any more so I was thinking which illuminated knobs to buy?

10 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

Bumping this thread for pics of any of the E90 or 1 Series sat nav knobs - the stormwerks items are not available any more so I was thinking which illuminated knobs to buy?

I phoned to order a set of the Stormwerks ones too, so disappointed they're no longer available. 

I'll also be interested in an alternative knob.