jamesf

3T alarm has to go! *found a solution*

I'm sure I've posted something similar before but it's doing my head in again. Anyone ever successfully removed an alarm system, in particular the Sigma 3T? It's been going off randomly today while I've been working on the car, and the only way to stop it has been to disconnect the battery. The fob does nothing and I'm sure the battery in that is low. It will still lock and unlock the car most the time but only at close range. The car will start on the battery but It could be a low charge issue as the battery had been in the garage over winter so I'm charging that overnight and will try it tomorrow, even so, it has to go, I hate it.

Edited by jamesf

James,

I feel your pain.  Have spent a few minutes doing a google search on removing 3T alarms, there isn't a lot around so here's your opportunity to write the manual!  Take some photos and write the process up, please.

I did find this http://www.bmwforums.info/bmw-electrics-ecus/6005-e36-328i-3t-alarm-removal-potential-immobilisation-issues.html.  The post was only put up this time last year so you can probably still get in contact with the OP if you need to.

and I think you will need to get your head around this which is the instruction manual for EWSII.

http://www.computersolutions.cn/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/BMW_EWS.pdf

Hope this helps

Geoff

I managed to get it behaving this morning by disconnecting battery with car running, not sure what's going on. So many posts about problems with this system but nobody every follows up with their solutions which is frustrating. They must have done something to cure it. I know it will have to go eventually so when I come to strip it all out i will be sure to do a how to guide. I would really like to replace it with a more maintainence friendly unit that you can change the battery on the fob and turn off the siren with a key.

Thanks for the links, will be studying them tonight. Car is in getting cat fitted and emmissions checked as I type this and if that goes well it's MOT time this afternoon. Still needs the gearbox oil topped up I reckon as the changes are a bit harsh and it goes into reverse with a thump. Fingers crossed.

Hi,

brilliant work. I was having some troubles also. I made a video as I was struggling and thought it’d help others. To be clear this is a quick fix to disable to 3T alarm system of going off constantly.

SOLUTION: