RumRunner

What have you done on your E34 Today

Managed to snap a tap in the cam cover retaining bolt hole I previously stripped, then spent a few hours smashing the wretched thing out of the hole.

What a day...

Ready to have another attempt now. 

Cheers fella's. I already have an interested party without advertising so fingers crossed with the MOT.

What do the e34 collective think a decent 525i Manual Sport (non sunroof) is worth these days...? It need a few bits tidying but the sills seem solid on the BMW Jack and the engine seems sweet for 150k miles.

I know they break for very strong money but I'd rather see it saved.

C.

Judging by recent prices on the open market .... £2,700 upwards, Prices have been on the rise during the last six months, helped by the export of e34's to the middle east. The average 520 is over the 1k mark ( Moted) and yours is rare  :razz:

Edit .. The jacking points holding the Sport is a very good sign,and your Sport has the manual box 

and good colour too  :razz:

Edited by Carl-e34

I think currently the market is like this:

1.8s and 2.0s (non-sport)

£500-£1200

2.0s (Sport), 2.5s (in either guise), 3.0s and 3.5s (non-sport)

£1500 - £2500

35i (Sport)

£2000-£4000

40iAs

£2000 - £3500

40i/6

£2500 - £4000

M5s

£6k +

Obviously that's not a be all and end all. That's IMHO what an OTR car is worth. Of course there's anomalies like 33k mile 35i Sports and 40i/6 Estates. But I think it's a fair list.

Oh and I've sorted my insurance out, just tax and test now!

Edited by Loplop509

I think you're a little off the mark with genuine "Sport" cars. The Sport was offered in the following guises only:

525i M20 & M50

535i M30

540i M60

M5 & 540i/6 aside the 525i/5 M50 Sport & 535i/5 M30 Sport are by far the most desirable e34's out there, facelift 525i/5 cars even more so due to nicer interiors, black headlining, Birds Eye Maple Trim etc.

C.

e34 Sport was never offered on the 520i.

Re Seats. I actually prefer the pre facelift Cloth Sport Seats to the later Half Leather Millpoint. The earlier leather seats IMO were also much nicer in Black with the exposed stitching and seem to wear better than the later cars leather.

C.

Edited by cableguy

Did they do a 540i sport? I thought it was just the 6 pots 2.5/3.5

But with the 525i sport, I'd say 3k as it will break for more than that, and also I sold one last year for 1k with rotten sills and cracked windscreen, (white one) Id definitely agree with no less than 2.5k though!

Stunning car and I'm sure will sell quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only true 540 sports were for Canadian market, and were called m540. Basically an m5 with an M60b40, edc etc etc