RumRunner

What have you done on your E34 Today

I carried out repairs from the grand children...

I didn't think you were old enough to have grand kids lol

So far I've rewired my alarm to trigger the deadlocks and tidied all the wiring under the rear seat...

Might fit the quick steer m5 steering box that I have sat here...

Small progress but progress nonetheless :-D

usemyhat.jpg

Gave the old girl a wash n a hoover out then went into the shed and began cleaning a pair of front calipers getting them ready to be laquered during the week (hopefully)

Anyone know the best place to get braided brake hoses think i may upgrade when i swap over the calipers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did very little on the car as I decided today was house cleaning day.  But at last I came across the alcantara material I wanted to cover the sound board and a few other items in the car. So now once more the sound board will be coming off the car to do that.

Side skirts off today, bottom of both wings are rotten. 

32D9EF76-E21B-4BC3-9C57-DEEA114B3671_zps

74B58E3D-59A9-4328-A32D-E1C9147E35F9_zps

Reassembled bonnet and spent to long looking for a seat switch blank in black... know I had some but cannot find at moment....

Edited by 540v8

So far I've rewired my alarm to trigger the deadlocks and tidied all the wiring under the rear seat...

Might fit the quick steer m5 steering box that I have sat here...

Small progress but progress nonetheless :-D

usemyhat.jpg

Nope sell me the steering box!

Rubbed back the surface rust on the passenger door and mixed Hammerite smooth green with Hammerite black for a VERY rough match of Oxford green… In the dark, when dirty, if you squint, it's a perfect match!..

Also had the front arch liners off for a spring clean (if you've not done it on your car, OMG get on it ASAP)..

washed it all and thrown the vacuum cleaner about,

installed new wiper inserts,

removed the cracked rear interior light that keeps blowing the fuse,

gave the wheel some leather treatment, it's shagged but better late then never…..

Checked all the fluids, pressures…

Adjusted the rear hatch bump stops so it now rattles less,.. 

and also managed to fix the faulty clip on the roller parcel shelf so that now that all clips in solid and doesn't rattle either!

Goes for an MOT this week, Thought I should make it look like someone actually liked it, lol ;)

Edited by RJS

RJS, looks like a busy day for you. I however, put a new Magic tree in mine! A red one

Love this thread by the way.

Today I have removed the board from the boot that has the amp and so on.  Now it all fits I have stripped all of it back to just the wood so I can cover it with alacantara The ski hatch will be covered as well,  

Loaded up the Touring with the front spoiler and rear bumper of the M635CSi to take them to the spray shop and fit back onto the car. Then washed and dried the Touring, changed the winter mats for summer mats, hoovered it completely, and finally gave the leather some food.

Got the M635CSi back this afternoon and now begins the laborious process of refitting all the trims, rubbers, badges, grills etc, bloody etc - I reckon a week or so and it might look almost done.

Picked up my Hartge Classic 17" 3 Piece Split Rims and split them ready for the lips to be polished.

I am now undecided on these or the 17" Staggered Alpina Classics I have waxed and in storage. Decisions, decisions...?

C.

Changed the front damper inserts, and lowered the front the 1/2" I wanted (happy with the Eibach springs) by cutting off the spring platforms and welding on 1/2" lower...

strut1_zps4bd784b0.jpg

strut2_zps3036dfd1.jpg

Changed the front damper inserts, and lowered the front the 1/2" I wanted (happy with the Eibach springs) by cutting off the spring platforms and welding on 1/2" lower...

strut1_zps4bd784b0.jpg

strut2_zps3036dfd1.jpg

Sarnie, this is a job I need to to soon, how did you find the changing of the inserts? Were your eibach springs lowering items and if so how much before you moved the strut support? How much did the springs set you back and have you done the rear as well? Any chance of a picture of how the car sits now? Sorry for all questions.

Sarnie, this is a job I need to to soon, how did you find the changing of the inserts? Were your eibach springs lowering items and if so how much before you moved the strut support? How much did the springs set you back and have you done the rear as well? Any chance of a picture of how the car sits now? Sorry for all questions.

Hi James

It's a very straightforward job, your only enemy is rusted bits, I can go into detail if there isn't a 'How to' already. Luckily on mine it's the 3rd time I've changed them (all copperslipped) so it all comes apart easy, took me 2 hours a side including moving spring platform.

Yes the Eibachs are lowering springs, can't remember the figures but the sig pic below is where it sat with the M52 block. I bought them new off ebay about 8 years ago from somebody that never got round to fitting them. Haven't used the rears yet as the sls is working fine. Will take a pic and put up later.

Simon

Edited by Sarnie

Simon, that ride height at the front looks ideal for me. The back looks low there but you haven't touched it? How did you find the handling and comfort compared to standard, And have you noticed much difference with the new shock inserts? Since changing the engine and fitting the 18" wheels I find my car quite harsh over bumps but still overly bouncy on the road. Also tramlines quite a bit but I think they tend to do that with big wheels regardless. My E38 is a much more 'sure' ride and steering with the same wheels and would like the e34 to feel the same.

Duplicate post, sorry

Edited by jamesf

Are they black or red?

Black is the pro kit

Red is the sport line - more drop and stiffer spring rate

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

Any more info on height drop and feel with the different colour kits please?

Any more info on height drop and feel with the different colour kits please?

I found the pro kit just right with the 30 mm drop ...  what with all the speed bumps around our roads  :-P

Edited by Carl-e34