RumRunner

What have you done on your E34 Today

14 minutes ago, Kit said:

Today I noticed we have been joined by Chris Harris...

025A7497-0228-4E73-8642-E6672FCC4381.jpeg

Homemade it is as all factory cars had the 3.8. I wonder if its a RHD as well?

5 hours ago, greenelekta said:

Homemade it is as all factory cars had the 3.8. I wonder if its a RHD as well?

Look closer at the image and you’ll see it’s a RHD. Guessing someone took a 525i and went hard on eBay!

Was there ever a 3.6 car in any form? Excuse my ignorance if this is an obvious question.

I went all the way to Glasgow many years ago to look at the blue with beige 3.6 rhd M5 Touring, as well as coming close to buying the 3.8 Avus rhd Touring conversion and also the 3.8 purple rhd Touring conversion; it was never quite the right deal but I have my 4.6 to console me in my grief of missing out.

14 hours ago, Kit said:

Look closer at the image and you’ll see it’s a RHD. Guessing someone took a 525i and went hard on eBay!

Yep, registered as a Black 525i SE Touring

D-aiENqWsAAHl2A.jpg:large

Edited by greenelekta

It does drive very well, feels like a go kart compared to the M6 GC and even the E39 M5.  Relatively speaking it's not fast, but fast enough.  Reminds me a lot of the E30 325i Touring that I had 25 years ago.

Still a lot of work to do on the interior and quite a few other bits and pieces, but at least it's drivable and now at home.

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 09:47, sharkfan said:

I went all the way to Glasgow many years ago to look at the blue with beige 3.6 rhd M5 Touring, 

Was quite a disappointing car that .. all the work to convert it to M5 but the body and half finished interior was awful I thought .. wonder if still on the road ? I then ended  up with a manual 530i V8 touring in grey that Quarry supplied M5 bumpers/ wheels / interior from a wrecked touring .. I think you looked at that one aswell after I sold it to some guy in Bradford 

Monkeyharris needs to get paras on it for the right look as I am sure its a wide grille facelift touring .. either way its a very decent car .. I like his choices :)

Edited by The Flying Banana

I did look at that one too, lovely colour combo. I also remember the 525i Touring that had ended up with an M30 3.5 under the bonnet - is that still around somewhere?

2 hours ago, Bumbaclut said:

fuck sake no! 

Yes! Other cars to drive. And the keep this special one safe!

Edited by greenelekta