RumRunner

What have you done on your E34 Today

Bent the ever living you know what out of my window regulator a few months ago.

Dont roll the window down when it's frozen to the frame. Got the window to close but not enough apparently to keep out water. 

Found a nice puddle under my pedal cluster. 

Carpet is propped up and spent an hour or so yesterday with a heat gun drying it out. 

I'll keep at it in the eves until it's dry. 

Also ordered (2) aftermarket regulators, one has been dead since I bought the car 4 years ago...

Hopefully sourced the front hubs with 95mm abs sensor rings, the early 3.8 has 3.6 front and rear hubs x3 and an odd front one that is smaller, so no abs.!!

Chinese puzzle but hopefully GSF will come up with it as they went to store and measured the ones on the shelf. - Very hopeful now but been dismayed before on this car.

As the sun was shining carried on working on the interior of the old girl.  Still working on the back of the car slow progress I know, but health forces me to take a great deal of breaks.  Nothing to do with the E34 but put a trailer on the scooter to bring metal needed for the engine conversation on the mini.  

This weekend I replaced the water pump ( the second hand BMW one I fitted two weeks ago didn't last long and actually shredded the v-belt, fortunately it was on my drive at the time). I replaced all three belts as the others have to come off anyway. Had a new windscreen fitted with new surrounds as it got cracked during the respray. Cleaned up some of the engine bay as it also got very dusty during the respray, difficult to clean though due to the fiddly nature of the engine. Degreased the front and underside of the engine whilst I has access.

Oh yes, also did an oil and filter change whilst it was on the ramps.

See photo of when I got the pump off and the dreadful working conditions I had to endure in my friends garage, I support MUFC.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by rbond9

32 minutes ago, jimmypops said:

Got offered a S-type jag 3.0 v8 with 65k on the clock fjsh for a very tempting price... Looking at it tomorrow:o

Enough about the shed... what have you done to the e34? ;)

C.

A post from the future *woooaaahh*

Tomorrow these are getting fitted...

0edef626b251e68b95cd227155a3e054.jpg

bf46bd52540e87ba99c13e1434a0c2d2.jpg

The top pics is pretty self explanatory but the bottom one is of 6000k HID bulbs to replace my old and worn 8000k ones. Hopefully see the road at night again :-D

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Both M5 front hubs sets now fitted, went on ok, abs fault now cured - so that a smile.

tin worm on rear cills and one front to cure, then a bit of paint.

Fourth bridge job this car. !!

good news though got two new and complete hubs/bearings/abs sensors for £20 each incl vat and delivery, dealer price £180 each, rare luck.

The M5 is in daily use as my trusty e36 has developed a starting fault randomly and i'm struggling to sort it out so the past 3 weeks have seen xeo in daily use

bar the fuel bill and out in our worst of the weather this winter its been a good old girl 

20160304_125920_zpsp9yiqylh.jpg

out in the road of the 18,000 sqft house i'm on at the moment 

7b473d59d001d0b67c1f6fdf50a04095.jpg

Just a nice view whilst sorting out a few things... Due to a technical error I wasn't able to fit the suspension and steering parts on Saturday but will be this weekend weather depending!

Scratching around in big shed on the 3.6, got it ready for spring now as a compulsive fiddler and tidy it up, last job new viscous fan thing to fit and it all finished.

Gardening jobs in morning, E34 times in afternoon, benefit of old and retired.

Snapped a fucking bolt in the fucking plate for the fucking tie rod and control fucking arms. That's me scrambling to get replacement bolts (may as well replace all 6) and drill out what's left of the bolt.

Fuck.

ec2d182a613122f1aca096bca8bc239c.jpg

i can't see any double TT/wd40 soaked in there lol rather you than me spice boi! I hope you have a good drill/metal bits/tap set  #fuckingoldcars

It's times like that when impact guns really earn their money back.

I remember when I was switching the suspension on my old EK Civic to Civic Type R shocks and springs, there are countless stories of LCA bolts snapping, to the point where some companies send out spares with coil over kits.

My Civic is a 1st year model, should've snapped. WD and a Snap On impact driver donated kindly by the old man meant that I had the bolts out in 10 minutes with no snapping!