simonc

Simonc's E60 M5

I've had a little brake judder/ vibration for about the last year but never bothered doing anything as it was quite minor but after reading up on M5 Board I thought I'd try getting the front discs skimmed as their was plenty of meat on them. I rang two local places that had the equipment but one place said their machine was broken and the other was a Mazda dealer that quoted me too much money plus I wasn't convinced. In the end I used Marcus from Discskimmers.com. He did all the work at. My house and travelled from Cambridge to Kent, I could have travelled to his workshop but as we all know a V10 M5 is a bit thirsty so it made sense for me to have it done at home.

He was here for a good couple of hours and had a great chat to him as he's a real petrol head. Anyway discs skimmed and wheel/hub faces cleaned up. Discs look much better for one and all my vibration/ judder has completely gone. Very pleased and would recommend using Marcus to anyone. I would certainly use him again. Cost was £50 per disc plus the petrol money on top.

Before and after pic of front disc.post-36829-0-58483200-1449152972_thumb.j

post-36829-0-21122600-1449153012_thumb.j

Edited by simonc

nice job at a decent price ,calipers need a nice coat of Red paint to finish it off :mrgreen:

LOL boy racer red, no way !

Those calipers do need a clean and polish though, a little job for next week.

Great job there! Getting them done at this stage makes a lot of sense - did you put new pads in?

Andy, the guy said that he thought the discs hadn't actually done a lot miles, he said they are certainly not the originals at 59K. Pads are not even half worn. He told me to go out and bed them in , did 3 or 4 hard brakes from 60 to 20 they seem fine with plenty of bite. So no the pads weren't changed.

Edited by simonc

Had an early Sunday morning drive with MikeM down to Goodwood for the PH Sunday service meet, great meet and the weather was dry down that way.

Look forward to next years meets and shows.

post-36829-0-94502900-1450014508_thumb.j

post-36829-0-49590100-1450014529_thumb.j

Just to keep this upto date, had new throttle actuators, 4 new Vanos solenoids and new diff seals all under

Mondial warranty this year, about £5K worth. The cars running like a dream. The steering wheel is being refurbed by Jack at Royal steering wheels at the end of the month, slightly padded rim in black alcantara.

3 hours ago, simonc said:

Just to keep this upto date, had new throttle actuators, 4 new Vanos solenoids and new diff seals all under

Mondial warranty this year, about £5K worth. The cars running like a dream. The steering wheel is being refurbed by Jack at Royal steering wheels at the end of the month, slightly padded rim in black alcantara.

Happy days 

Also got this from Jim Colley at Fast Attack motorsports, the E60 M5  should have been mapped like this from factory. Feels so much smoother and cold start delete to get rid of the stupid loud exhaust noise on cold start.

IMG_2048.JPG

Cars still looking fresh! Lovely job on the steering wheel, I am considering getting my Merc wheel re-done at Royal

Also good to see another M5 getting abused on track, they hold up well for their size and surprise a lot of people.

1 hour ago, andy_ran said:

Cars still looking fresh! Lovely job on the steering wheel, I am considering getting my Merc wheel re-done at Royal

Also good to see another M5 getting abused on track, they hold up well for their size and surprise a lot of people.

Definitely nice upgrades on the car ,how's things with you Andy 

I am good thanks Mike! I have recently moved house down to Ivychurch now - Its lovely :)

Still got my CL for daily duties and bought a lovely R129 SL500 a week back for nice weather pottering :) 

We shall have to arrange another catch up day, get the cars out for a blast

12 hours ago, mikem said:

Yes that will be good , have a breakfast meet up then a run somewhere would be good idea will have a chat will simon  and have a meet up 

Now that sounds like a good idea! How about Sunday???

Should be OK for me I have a family Xmas day on Saturday as we are going to Prague for Xmas but Sunday is free any ideas where to meet will message Simon

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk