Angrydog

Rust.. grr

Thought I'd do a quick rust check on the car today as havent done one for a bit.

Rear sills near the arches are bubbling, as well as the rear quarter above the bumper and a bit on the bootlid near the number plate lights.  I dont think thats too bad considering.

Couldnt get the jacking covers off, but couldnt see any rust around them, so I am pretty sure that all is well behind them.

Will have to get the body work done next year, car is coming off the road in a few weeks until it's all done.  Will be a new car when it see's the road again!

Edited by Angrydog

The places you mentioned are quite common, i havent got any on the sills but do on the rear arch.   Its not bad considering the age of these cars.  Im looking for someone to sort mine out but want to make sure its done properly so it doesnt come back.

Look forward to seeing your car when its back on the road :-D

I've just taken the rear wheels off this afternoon to give the exposed areas in the arches a clean and a wax with dynax S50.

Could have done it in the summer but I only get the urge to do it one mild day in December.  :rolleyes:

The lips really are brilliant for retaining dirt. In the summer I'll need to go the whole way and remove the arch liners, clean everything down and spray it with the S50, it's the only way to be certain.

Something like this-

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=53133

Edited by DirtyHarry88

Just something to keep an eye out for......I replaced all my wheel arch liners this summer. When I removed the old ones I noticed the edge of the liner had rubbed through the paint on the inside of a couple of arches, there was no corrosion as the liner was still rubbing so stopped it starting.I gave the inner of the arch a coat of 2k sealer and then 3m marine to repair the damage before fitting the new liner.