euro34

e34 as a daily?

I've been using mine (525 tds) for the past 10,000 miles and its been really good, unfortunatley its just been sold however whilst using it I've averaged 39mpg and I have seen quite a few e34's in daily use up and down the motorways as I travel from Cambs to Heathrow each week. Really good cars that feel very solid to drive.

Only reason to sell was I wanted a newer car that will take the 45k I expect to do over the next few years and didn't want to put mega miles on the e34.

I've been using mine (525 tds) for the past 10,000 miles and its been really good, unfortunatley its just been sold however whilst using it I've averaged 39mpg and I have seen quite a few e34's in daily use up and down the motorways as I travel from Cambs to Heathrow each week. Really good cars that feel very solid to drive.

Only reason to sell was I wanted a newer car that will take the 45k I expect to do over the next few years and didn't want to put mega miles on the e34.

Also been doing the Cambs to Heathrow route in my E34, for the last 6 years to work, 140 mile round trip. No plans to change, hoping to complete the return journey from the moon one day :)

each day or a few days a week? Mines approx 180 miles round trip from Ely

I'm in St.Neots so not quite as far, I do 2 days 2 nights and 4 off in LHR's T5, just stay at parents in Greenford between the 2 days, so 3 return trips a block.

bulletproofbomb i'll fix up the 540i if you want to move it on?!  

i think the paraphrased words of charlton heston are appropriate here:

"I'll give you my 540 when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"

lol, you could be right there Duncan.

I'm based at all the terminals over the course of the year, but now based primarily at T4, was in T1 for 3 years doing baggage works to enable T2 to open but now on Q6 related operations. So I do 4 days here & 1 day at home but stay over for 2 nights at one of the local 'hotels'! I'll keep my eytes open for an e34 Toruing in furture