sid_james

I also have a new beast!

My F1 (520d MSport) with 30 miles on the clock arrived today, and I think it's a great car.  I only managed about 20 miles, and about an hour inside after that setting up the phone, playing with the internet, and flipping through all three versions of the owner/user manuals. :shock:

My 50 mile report is as follows :

1.  Good.  Sports seats not too firm.

2.  Good.  Sports setting not bad at all.

3.  Good.  Lecky tailgate, but can't figure out how to make the wavy foot under the bumper work!

4.  Good.  The radar cruise is fantastic, but there are a couple of learning points that I found out later are explained in the manual.

a) If you follow a car onto a roundabout, and the system brakes you to almost a halt, then either the car in front  moves left, or you move right, the car will accellerate to your set speed, about 3 yards before you enter the roundabout!

B)  If you leave a sensible gap on the motorway and somebody decides to slide into it, the car will stand on it's brakes!

5.  Undetermined.  I am yet to understand if the pro-nav was worth it.

6.  Bad.  It doesn't look like you can bulk upload Points of Interest on the pro nav.

7.  Bad.  Here's my worst one.

a) I didn't fancy spending a deal of money on the 48 way lecky seats, so I just opted for the standard "partially" electric seats.  So I'm assuming that functionality is the basic "up/down/tilt/forwards/backwards".  I am gobsmacked that I have the first three of those options but I have to pull a sodding lever to go backwards and fowards.  It's a £41k machine FFS.

Maybe I'm spoilt, I dunno.

Love it all the same.

:-P

Congrats but where are the pics! 

Have to agree on the seats does seem to be odd that they arnt full electric but to be honest the rest of the car makes up for it.

The pro Sat Nav is great and you will learn to love it the live traffic is great.

My new Beast is on its way from Germany will be with the dealer next week so I'm starting to get excited!

I have barely had time to get in it since I got it on Monday, done all of 5 miles!

Too busy with work, and prepping the oild Jag for sale.

Have most of the day in it tomorrow, so maybe I can figure out this comfort access malarky!

I can confirm Synter High Wycombe have quite a tasty deal still running on 530d sports from the quote I got.  If I was coming off a PCP with equity in-hand it would be a no-brainer....

new car sounds great Sid!

Edited by SuperDave

I perhaps should add that it is a company car, so I don't have to worry about PCP/deposits/residual/mileage, etc.

.....and I did drive a 530d...fabulous engine, but given I generally have a toy car for the weekend I traded the engine for more options on the 520d.

Piccies please!! Congrats on your Beast. You will love Pro Nav. My Audi and Merc owning mates have grudgingly admitted that their infotainment systems are BMW's b*tches! I agree that part electric seats in lieu of parting with £900 to make em fully electric is a bit bonkers