Tobyio

E39 M5 VUR - 2013 BMW National Concours Winner - Best M Power - Page 2

Richard I have just checked and no you can't reset the data and speed etc.

Another little update  :-P

Bought a scuffmaster kit and repaired the bolster on the drivers seat.

Before:

ScreenShot2013-08-08at094411.png

After:

20130809_111148.jpg

20130809_111157.jpg

20130809_111124.jpg

Very happy with the outcome  :-P

Cheers to John at Bespoke! 

Richard I have just checked and no you can't reset the data and speed etc.

Thanks for that. It's reassuring because I can't reset them with my retrofit either!

Seats look much better!

For the the two uprights and the long bit over the top both sides it was £300 all in from kev at cotswold - TBH when i bought the trim i had only just got the car so was still excited - in hindsight 300 for a few bits of trim is crazy and I blame the "excitement" for my purchase - most people just remove them, spray them and refit and I would go down this road next time.

I still have the trims I removed if you want to go down the route of paint...  I think BMW Jet Black was the nearest paint match if i remember.

For the the two uprights and the long bit over the top both sides it was £300 all in from kev at cotswold - TBH when i bought the trim i had only just got the car so was still excited - in hindsight 300 for a few bits of trim is crazy and I blame the "excitement" for my purchase - most people just remove them, spray them and refit and I would go down this road next time.

I still have the trims I removed if you want to go down the route of paint... I think BMW Jet Black was the nearest paint match if i remember.

Dont talk to me! First month I picked up M5 and ordered complete new titanium interior trim from main dealer to replace old/scratched ones.....madness!

I still have the trims I removed if you want to go down the route of paint... I think BMW Jet Black was the nearest paint match if i remember.

Just emailed Kev to ask for a price on the high gloss trim above drivers window....gulp

I went to a charity car show 10 mins up the road from me today at a big estate, most the cars on display were under big trees. I thought nothing of it until midway through the day and I noticed thousands of tiny sap mark or something similar all over the car. The paint felt like sand paper  :x  so when i got home I had to spend two hours cleaning and claying before putting it back in the garage, thankfully after that all is well and the paintwork is spot on again. Lesson learnt and lucky i had plenty of clay bars to remove the sap.  Got a few funny looks from the neighbours & family for cleaning what was already a clean car to them.

A few pics from the show, not the best as I was in the shade - hope to get some good ones at the BMW Festival next weekend. 

20130811_120729.jpg

20130811_120750.jpg

20130811_120424.jpg

20130811_135954.jpg

20130811_120458.jpg

Shameless brag coming up  :-P

2013 BMW National Festival Concours Winner - Best M Power 2013

20130817_162309.jpg

2013-08-18230629.png

20130818_145751_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20130818_145617_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20130818_134902_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20130818_112731_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20130818_112623.jpg

20130818_103458_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20130818_092410.jpg

2013-08-18230830.png

It was the first time I had entered a concours event so I'm well happy :-P  I entered for the experience more than the expectation of winning something so It was really nice to get something back for all the time and £'s put in getting it top notch.

Congratulations! Well deserved. Got a long way to go before I could come close to anything like that!

Cheers  :-P  

alpinaman it was not at Haigh Hall, I live down in Cornwall so its not that easy to get to shows this was the first big show its been to.

I'm going to try and get to Ultimate BMW show at Santa Pod next month though.