Samuk

Cornering Light Failure

Hi,

Does anyone know if the cornering lights have a fuse? mine have failed..wondring if its a cheap fix..?

Anyone?

From what i read, the cornering lights use H3 bulbs as here on page 3: http://forums.5series.net/e60-parts-accessories-mods-22/lci-cornering-lights-turning-lamps-59355/page3/

the bulbs looked fine..?

Should i still replace them..? costing £25 each from the dealer!! 

I checked and could not see a fuse listed for the cornering lights.. ?

Anyone got any thoughts? as its bugging me..i cant see the time on the screen! 

Thanks

Sam

From what i read, the cornering lights use H3 bulbs as here on page 3: http://forums.5series.net/e60-parts-accessories-mods-22/lci-cornering-lights-turning-lamps-59355/page3/

the bulbs looked fine..?

Should i still replace them..? costing £25 each from the dealer!! 

I checked and could not see a fuse listed for the cornering lights.. ?

Anyone got any thoughts? as its bugging me..i cant see the time on the screen! 

Thanks

Sam

This confused me, whats the time got to do with the cornering lights?

This confused me, whats the time got to do with the cornering lights?

I guess the warning is displayed in place of the time on the screen.

H3 bulbs are just a few quid from any motorfactors

Usually get a dashboard / idrive warning light is a bulb goes out !! If both light have gone out together then it's unlikely to be bulb (though it could be, if you hit a hard bump etc).

Try these common fixes:

-Do you have any way of reading fault codes ? That might throw some light on what's going on.

-Have you pulled the bulbs and connector and refitted, sprayed with WD40 for moisture

-Swapped the bulbs over from your headlights to cornering lights to check if the bulbs are dead

-Pull off the battery positive lead for 15-20 mins then reconnect, this can fix all kinds of weird faults

Just to throw a spanner in the works, it might not be the cornering lights. When I did the retrofit from pre-LCI adaptive xenons to LCI adaptive xenons, the modules that sit on the bottom of the headlight and control the 'swivel' of the lights would not play ball. The error on the iDrive was 'Cornering Lights Failure', even though the actual cornering lights were working (the inner parts of the headlight). 

The error wouldn't come up immediately, it would be say 30 seconds or so after starting the car.

For the retrofit I solved it by getting 2 new adaptive light modules and coding them, error gone. But as yours is factory fit it may not be that simple...

sorry guys, not had time..

i have removed the bulbs (H3's) they look clean -  nope cant read error codes, but i can pop down to my local garage - they will charge me £20 to read them..

Sam

Just an update - as my issue is now fixed...

did not see this as a solution anywhere..so worth posting i guess..

there is a little unit that sits under driver side head light (the headlight attaches to this unit) 

it had failed - cost near £160 to replace...

my lights now go up and down, and xenons now level when i drive too.... 

Thanks Baus for the Part Number.. 

post-46733-0-43507300-1402583666_thumb.j

post-46733-0-77837800-1402583668_thumb.j

post-46733-0-93881000-1402583669_thumb.j

So is there only 1 module on Drivers side i also have this error. I do have a hid out on drivers side which could be why. I thought there was 1 module on each light. 

Edited by marko530d

Hi there, I have just bought a e60 530d and seem to have this same issue. I’ve checked the bulbs and they are fine. Is there anything else to check before I try to source the unit pictured above? My lights do move up and down when I start the car which is making me think it’s not the same issue mentioned above. Any help is much appreciated 

john

On my light switch there is a constant green flashing light when driving.  Could this be related to a failure of the little black unit mentioned earlier in the 'swivel' controller?