M5 Russ

My son has qualified as a VW technician :)

After a 3 year apprenticeship he has just passed all 7 of his VW exams. In 6 he scored 100% and in one he scored 92%. Either way it was enough for him to come top of the class.

I am well chuffed :)

Yes we are so pleased. I had him helping me change cylinder head gaskets on my TR7 V8 when he was 5 ! Still got video footage of it too !

What makes it even better is he got the apprenticeship of his own back by writing to all major UK car dealers in the Kent area (with my help). VW were the first to respond and he was invited for an informal chat so up we went. An hour later the manager offered him a weeks trial unpaid and at the end of the week the manager phoned me to inform me that he was so impressed he was going to offer him the apprenticeship.

In 20 years of the manager working for VW, this was the only time he had offered an apprenticeship to a boy in this way. He has now moved on but still keeps in touch with my son. I am so made up I really am.

Congratulations......

I remember when i passed all my exams and made it to level one technician back in 1989... It was a 4 year process at the time.

I bought myself a brand new Kawasaki ZXR 750 to celebrate and promptly fell off it putting myself out of action for 12 months :(..

Congratulations......

I remember when i passed all my exams and made it to level one technician back in 1989... It was a 4 year process at the time.

I bought myself a brand new Kawasaki ZXR 750 to celebrate and promptly fell off it putting myself out of action for 12 months :(..

lol !

Seriously......Repairing cars is a whole different ball game to what it was when i started,he should be applauded as its far from an easy job nowadays. As independants we find it hard to keep up with tech..

He sounds a well driven lad,tell him to keep his head down and he will go far.