stevenc3828

e34 Fibre Glass & Carbon Fibre panels thread

I had a quick search and couldn't find a post relating to this in this section so just in case you weren't following the discussion on one of the posts in the 'ebay and autotrader' section here is a summary;

Glass Fibre wings can be bought from the States for 374 usd + shipping http://www.ebay.com/...=item256cbdcb03

Also available in the Czech Republic for 133 Euro a pair (bonnets and boot lids also available)  http://www.pesch.cz/...ers-for-bmw-e34  (postage is 45 Euro for the pair)

Re Carbon Fibre, Jeek on here had a bonnet for Sale once upon a time so he may have some contacts. Blue Jay in Australia sell them at 539.99 Dollars + shipping http://www.blujay.com/?page=ad&cat=2020313&adid=3887255

If anyone wants carbon stuff I can do it.

Skinnin an original item in real carbon is easiest n cheapest way but I can also make carbon copies using your original to mould.

Yeah it's like vinyl wrapping only I use real carbon fibre, it can be made matte or gloss finish. It's like a normal cf part but just a skin rather than a full replacement part.

That is good to know Tristan ;-)

What are your costs to forum members? and would you need a group buy to make parts in cf?

so to fill in my (lack of) knowledge, I can see how you could skin a bonnet / boot lid / door by reusing the main / original metal frame but can you skin a wing or would that have to be a complete cf part? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

AIUI it's not a replacement part, but real carbon mat laid over the original panel. Like a vinyl wrap, but with genuine material. Cooler than carbon-look stickers, but weight saving fail :D

As hotbox says, any part can be done, as its just a real carbon fibre covering skin. If you want an actual full cf replacement part then that's quite time consuming and gets expensive especially for one offs. I haven't made anything in a while that I've charged for, usually I've just done own projects n things for friends, but if anyone wants somethin done then drop a pm and we can discuss

Yeah true that! My old cf bonnet was a good example of things fitting really badly!

However by using an original part to form the mould and then making one or only a couple copies, this reduces the chances of a bad fit!

Yeah cheap Chinese crap that was!

I however have learned the proper way to make things, firstly from my grandfather who owned a kit car company back in the day and then later when I was racing learned how they make the parts from cf. il have to make somethin now to show that my stuff is decent lol

il have to make somethin now to show that my stuff is decent lol

I'll send some e34 wings for you to make a mold, etc  :wink:

Edited by stevenc3828