BigAlan

Locking the car (not)

I have the what I think is the diamond shaped key fob and it struggles to lock and unlock the car, the spare works fine so I guess it's the battery, can I just like my motorbike simply split the fob and change the battery with no problems or is there a secret to doing this?

Would it be the usual CR 2032/2035?

Thanks

Alan

Have you been driving the car with the key that doesn't unlock/lock the car? As the battery charges as you drive.

Have you been driving the car with the key that doesn't unlock/lock the car? As the battery charges as you drive.

No i have been using this key since i got the car well over a year ago, the spare works fine even after being inside the house all the time,.

Alan

No, its a VL2020 that is soldered to the board.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Ah right, perhaps it has had its day, i shall pop the fob open and measure the voltage and possibly get a new one. I take it i have to re-sync it to the car by doing the button pressing routine?

thanks

Alan

you do and you also need to use a razor blade if possible to get a good clean cut 

or you won't get the 2 halves back together straight.

Got it apart cleanly, checked voltage and 3.2v so battery is fine, checked buttons and all seemed well, put back together and the click is definatly better, i shall try when i get home and if all ok a thin line of superglue will put the halves back together.

thanks

alan

Edited by BigAlan

Well all works as it should, the click actually clicks and the car responds as it should so glue'd back together and all is well.

Whatever.

Alan