Cheers,,,,

Is that the module right on the top that small square surrounded by black plastic?  It must be hugely bright!

Baus is in hibernation...hopefully he'll come out of it with a bang which will end the long wait...I can't wait.

+ I've been given strict medical orders to stay put, essentially leaving me immobile for a while. Can't wait for things to be back on track.

:)

Edited by Baus

Don't get itchy feet and go against instructions Baus, we have waited this long for the solution, a while longer won't hurt!!

Ok so after waiting over six weeks for a pair of heat sinks was not happy here is the flood light led chip conversion that im sure there are diffrent ways of doing it but this is how mine looks i reakon that they only provide about 500lm even though the ebay listing states 800-900lm and for noe brighter then any ba9 but MR Baus will be the way to go they look great at dusk,night but in daylight still not on par with the F10,F11 model but is the brightest led soulution for now with out splitting the lightspost-47731-0-81992900-1389678302_thumb.jpost-47731-0-52332800-1389678361_thumb.jpost-47731-0-77860600-1389678398_thumb.jpost-47731-0-77860600-1389678398_thumb.jpost-47731-0-32033600-1389678494_thumb.j

I will take some pics in daylight on the car tomoz and put them up post-47731-0-49258900-1389678590_thumb.jpost-47731-0-76739500-1389678673_thumb.j

post-47731-0-89730600-1389678438_thumb.j

Wow, that was one hell of a read! I just went through all 31 pages - some excellent stuff in there fellas! I just did the white eyebrow "Eugene" mod and thought I'd better see what the score was with decent angel eyes…can't wait for another update on this! I really had my fingers crossed when I was reading about Andy's (530dE60) HID approach and was pretty gutted it didn't pay off!

I'd also like to point out that there were a couple of additional threads linked in that took my interest. Damn you! The ones with the LCI tail lights and the Ricky mod, and also the LCI head lights with illuminated fins….certainly distracted me and prolonged my reading of this thread! 

Anyway, great work and research and development everyone. One day there may be an answer, short of installing new rings! Cutting open part of the light for the eyebrows was a big enough balls-ache - I'd hate to have to cut open the whole light to get at those pesky rings!

Right, Pre-LCi news here but wanted post anyways!

I messed around with some inCREEdible bulbs this evening, thought I'd take pics to show how much of an improvement they were!

post-48336-0-17987800-1396294630_thumb.j

Had to get cancellers but were cheap enough

They are a 5w CREE Projector bulb, so an LED with a lens

Excuse the rather dirty car but I wanted to take comparison pics while there was daylight

Bloody blinded me, was seeing stars!

post-48336-0-86734700-1396294838_thumb.j

Before

post-48336-0-87372500-1396294778_thumb.j

During :mrgreen:

post-48336-0-45668500-1396294821_thumb.j

post-48336-0-29673500-1396294812_thumb.j

post-48336-0-83869700-1396294802_thumb.j

post-48336-0-76223700-1396294792_thumb.j

After  :mrgreen:

post-48336-0-19025000-1396294772_thumb.j

post-48336-0-57587900-1396295512_thumb.j

Horrible Galaxy S3 pictures I will try to get better ones sorry :(

Am quite chuffed with them, didn't break the bank and seem to be alot brighter and WHITER than the orangey rubbish I had before, but looking forward to a bright day so I can see if they are powerful enough

These are the bulbs I ordered: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281169836362

Along with the cancelling doodahs: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260951862713

2 (pairs) of each, £33! :)

They flickered before ignition when I had the drl option enabled on the idrive, but only for 5 seconds before I turned the engine over

The cancellers have a nice little heatsink on them and bulb themselves didn't get hot when I was fiddling about.

Not driven a huge amount with headlights on but no problem so far, touch wood!

I originally had several smd bulbs that were better than original just.After seeing your post I tried the ones you had bought.

Yes very bright and no faults with the resistors,massive improvement over std.

drove home from work and against the garge door noticed flickering.

Upon inspection one headlight had both bulbs flickering.

In the morning tried to rectify ,but after 5 mins with headlight on both bulbs would flicker,resistors and bulbs very hot.

Phoned seller and recommended to try the Canbus Cree bulbs.

When these arrived they work without resistors ,but just not quite as bright.

The saga continues that why I inquired about flickering just in case I had two dodgy bulbs!

Hey guys... I have a question regarding wiring of new LED rings.  I've found a set that fits E60 pre-halogen lights, and I'm not afraid of cutting open the headlights and putting in the rings then re-sealing them up again (in fact I plan to write up a DIY on it), but I wonder where best to wire them to?  

I don't want to have to remember to turn my park lights on and off every time I drive the car (as it is now, if I want just the angel eyes to operate), but rather have them go on when I turn the ignition to the On position.  ie. in the same way as the radio gets its power.

Can anybody suggest a suitable wiring point for this?

Cheers.

Edited by kiwi_chris

Am I right in thinking you can piggyback off the DRL connection for this?

Best replacements I've seen are the Orion V4s (which I would love). They have a pretty good guide on there in video format showing you how to do it and where to connect IIRC

Yeah, I don't believe using any connection DRL-related is going to work, because, like 530dE60 says, those are the low beams, which can be controlled through the iDrive menu.  I really need to connect to something completely separate, like a feed for the radio etc...

Hmm, thanks mate!

What about the issue of our batteries being located in the boot though?  Could I wire this to the positive terminal in the engine bay and the negative bolt on the passenger side strut?

*cough* Any updates? :mrgreen: *cough*

Slight update with mine, one of the bulbs has dimmed slightly, canceller and bulb get really hot; degrading the LED chip, so getting it replaced, but no flashing after headlights have been on a long time

Dav, you need to retrofit the LCI halogens first!

Pre LCI halogens are always going to be lacking in terms of angel eye upgrades due to its design

Dav, you need to retrofit the LCI halogens first!

Pre LCI halogens are always going to be lacking in terms of angel eye upgrades due to its design

I know, I know..

I plan to get some LCi goodness!

I want Xenons, or do I get halogens and a HiD kit?

Was reading a thread on m5board earlier and it seems like you need a new LCM plus coding for LCI xenon's, whereas LCI halogens are plug and play, not to mention far cheaper to buy in the first place (including the cost of a hid kit)