Jump to content
bradnic

30 pin bluetooth dongle with AVRCP 1.3 or greater for ID3 tag support?

Recommended Posts

On 08/02/2018 at 12:39 PM, ntkarlsson said:

 

The Bovee (first one) is basically a re-branded tune2air, which in previous posts has been confirmed not to work.

The last one has reviews that mention tune2air too.. it would seem from a quick google search that this is perhaps the latest incarnation of the bovee products? Perhaps worth a try to see if they've fixed the issues previously experienced with the Bovee and the tune2air

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

I made it through this whole thread and wondering if this project is still alive? Also I wanted to post this adapter as I haven't seen it mentioned here:

https://coolstreamrocks.com/what-is-the-coolstream-carpro/

Does somebody from here tried it?

From the forums and researching I've seen that it has the same functionality as Tune2air (has steering wheel controls, but no track info for Android) but shouldn't be that buggy. Also here is the link to YT video of testing the functionality on Android and iOS:

https://youtu.be/TqLgtmUJH2g

I didn't tried it though, but I'm actually also looking for some complete solution for my Dension Gateway 300 unit (I'm not a BMW owner, but Opel) I think for now I will buy one of those Coolstream adapters.

Edited by qwertyg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Zivago Lee said:

I have been following this thread but someone on m3forum is creating a bt/ibus interface. I have been testing it on my e46m3 without issues and this device will support e39s as well.

 

https://www.bluebus.dev/

 

You are using it as standalone or with Intravee?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mailman said:

 

You are using it as standalone or with Intravee?

 

 

Standalone. No need for Intravee anymore. He is also adding a lot of “extras” that the Intravee has as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zivago Lee said:

 

Standalone. No need for Intravee anymore. He is also adding a lot of “extras” that the Intravee has as well.

 

Some of them shamelessly ported from the Intravee :l. On the other hand, the whole thing is open source: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus/blob/master/firmware/application/lib/ibus.c

 

Oh, yes, this is my project!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, t3ddftw said:

 

Some of them shamelessly ported from the Intravee :l. On the other hand, the whole thing is open source: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus/blob/master/firmware/application/lib/ibus.c

 

Oh, yes, this is my project!

 

This looks really promising from the video - I've pre-ordered.

Having an intravee already, I will miss goodies like the parking distance readings on the nav. Do you have a roadmap of where you would like to take bluebus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JCR53S said:

 

This looks really promising from the video - I've pre-ordered.

Having an intravee already, I will miss goodies like the parking distance readings on the nav. Do you have a roadmap of where you would like to take bluebus?

 

Having PDC readings on the nav is one of the functionalities I requested from Ted. He will be working on it (not sure if it will come in the firmware update when it first releases), but I am sure it will come in a future update. He's already added triple blink functionality for those of us who don't want to upgrade or update our LCMs. I am hoping he will add most (if not all) the extra functionality that the Intravee has. I will definitely miss the "coming home" lights but he has told me he will look into that as well.

 

The Bluebus is an awesome product (even just using a prototype for the past month or so). Having a proper BT solution that integrates with IBus is great (proper steering wheel controls, song info on the nav, etc).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mailman said:

 

Do you have some feature list? Did not see that in your web page?

 

The BlueBus doesn't yet have a rich feature-set. At it's core, it's already fully integrated with the IBus and writes menus / metadata to the Navigation Screen, the CD53 Display and the MID. Beyond those standard features, the module does the following:

 

1. Allows you to use 3/5 blink "one touch" blinkers

2. Allows full playback control using the OE buttons

 

I'm currently working on adding support for hardware TCU emulation, so that calls can be made/received without needing to be in "Bluetooth" mode, just like the OE system.

 

6 hours ago, JCR53S said:

 

This looks really promising from the video - I've pre-ordered.

Having an intravee already, I will miss goodies like the parking distance readings on the nav. Do you have a roadmap of where you would like to take bluebus?

Thanks for the support! I don't have an official roadmap right now, but I have the following features in mind right now:

1. PDC Readouts

2. Full TCU emulation, with phonebook access and all UI accoutrements

3. "Welcome Home" lights, similar to the Intravee.

4. Support for speech recognition so you can, for example, roll down the windows via voice command

5. Trip logging

6. Warning when engine is over-revved while cold

7. Max Acceleration / Max Braking, similar to the Intravee.


Far into the future, I would also love to make a small add-on adapter that would interface with the CANBUS and the IBus and provide DTCs/Engine Data to the BlueBus so that it can be displayed to the user.

 

34 minutes ago, Zivago Lee said:

 

Having PDC readings on the nav is one of the functionalities I requested from Ted. He will be working on it (not sure if it will come in the firmware update when it first releases), but I am sure it will come in a future update. He's already added triple blink functionality for those of us who don't want to upgrade or update our LCMs. I am hoping he will add most (if not all) the extra functionality that the Intravee has. I will definitely miss the "coming home" lights but he has told me he will look into that as well.

 

The Bluebus is an awesome product (even just using a prototype for the past month or so). Having a proper BT solution that integrates with IBus is great (proper steering wheel controls, song info on the nav, etc).

I'll start working on the PDC stuff as soon as I finish the MID support and the Rev C. board. The modules are pretty cheap on eBay, so I'll pick one up with some sensors and get to figuring out what makes it tick :)

 

Thanks!

-Ted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/05/2019 at 04:04, Orphee said:

@t3ddftw Do you already have a lot of pre-order ? 

 

Thanks

@Orphee,

 

Over 200, but I haven't asked or gotten money from anyone. I plan to manufacture as many units as I have pre-orders for, which is why I set the list up to begin with :)

 

Thanks!

-Ted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just stumbled upon this as well, put in a preorder to see if this is something I might want to try out. Seems promising, a good job is being done here.

 

I'm currently in the process of installing an Alpine PXA-H100, linked to my Intravee, but I strongly suspect that support for the Ai-Net (or any other external DSP) won't be available through the BlueBus(?) That's no big deal, as I have RCA-preouts on my BM54 module. So should it come to pass that the BlueBus is a success and I start using it, I can always go back to connecting the RCAs directly to my external amps, and use the built in high/low-pass filters on the amp instead of running sound processing in the PXA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/06/2019 at 08:37, BjornSv. said:

Just stumbled upon this as well, put in a preorder to see if this is something I might want to try out. Seems promising, a good job is being done here.

 

I'm currently in the process of installing an Alpine PXA-H100, linked to my Intravee, but I strongly suspect that support for the Ai-Net (or any other external DSP) won't be available through the BlueBus(?) That's no big deal, as I have RCA-preouts on my BM54 module. So should it come to pass that the BlueBus is a success and I start using it, I can always go back to connecting the RCAs directly to my external amps, and use the built in high/low-pass filters on the amp instead of running sound processing in the PXA. 

 

Thanks! The BlueBus does not at all support AI-Net. However, there is a digital audio output on the BlueBus (S/PDIF) that could be paired with a DSP that supports the format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/07/2019 at 02:38, JCR53S said:

 

@Colin Halls - https://www.bluebus.dev/ you can sign up here

 

@t3ddftw - How is the build coming along for pre-orders? Do you have any ETAs at this stage?

@JCR53S,

 

Apologies for the delay getting back to you -- I just now subscribed to the thread :(

 

I finished the "Rev. C" board layout today, actually! This version incorporates the following features, and should be the last version before going to production:

1. Through-hole mounted USB Micro B connector that will never snap off

2. Provisions for handling the OE Telephone signals, so that calls can be taken outside of the "Bluetooth" mode.

3. The Microphone adapter has been integrated into the BlueBus and will now power the mic via the OE harness, exactly as the OE TCU.

4. An additional amplifier was added (2W @ 2ohm) to handle transferring audio out to through the OE TCU audio signals.

5. The on-board EEPROM was upgraded to a 2MB unit so that I can "sync" your contacts to the EEPROM and display friendly names when calls come in, as well as in the OE Telephone menu (this part isn't yet implement, however).

 

Thanks!

-Ted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/07/2019 at 01:03, t3ddftw said:

@JCR53S,

 

Apologies for the delay getting back to you -- I just now subscribed to the thread :(

 

I finished the "Rev. C" board layout today, actually! This version incorporates the following features, and should be the last version before going to production:

1. Through-hole mounted USB Micro B connector that will never snap off

2. Provisions for handling the OE Telephone signals, so that calls can be taken outside of the "Bluetooth" mode.

3. The Microphone adapter has been integrated into the BlueBus and will now power the mic via the OE harness, exactly as the OE TCU.

4. An additional amplifier was added (2W @ 2ohm) to handle transferring audio out to through the OE TCU audio signals.

5. The on-board EEPROM was upgraded to a 2MB unit so that I can "sync" your contacts to the EEPROM and display friendly names when calls come in, as well as in the OE Telephone menu (this part isn't yet implement, however).

 

Thanks!

-Ted

 

This sounds fantastic - thanks for the update, Ted!

Is there any indication on when you might start shipping them out at this stage?

 

Regards,

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JCR53S said:

 

This sounds fantastic - thanks for the update, Ted!

Is there any indication on when you might start shipping them out at this stage?

 

Regards,

John

 

@JCR53S,

 

I'm waiting on the PCBs to arrive from China right now, and I'm also making some additional modifications to help quell some noise that is inherent to cars equipped with the HiFi Audio system (IBus bleeds into the audio because some engineer forgot to put a low pass filter on the audio inputs...). I'm going to have a run of those boards made some time this week.

 

If testing goes well, I'll send out units to my beta users and if nothing goes wrong on the hardware side, I'll have a production run made in three weeks time. The lead time is usually about four weeks, so you can expect to have them shipping in the next six to eight weeks.

 

Thanks!

-Ted

Edited by t3ddftw
card to cars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, t3ddftw said:

 

@JCR53S,

 

I'm waiting on the PCBs to arrive from China right now, and I'm also making some additional modifications to help quell some noise that is inherent to card equipped with the HiFi Audio system (IBus bleeds into the audio because some engineer forgot to put a low pass filter on the audio inputs...). I'm going to have a run of those boards made some time this week.

 

If testing goes well, I'll send out units to my beta users and if nothing goes wrong on the hardware side, I'll have a production run made in three weeks time. The lead time is usually about four weeks, so you can expect to have them shipping in the next six to eight weeks.

 

Thanks!

-Ted

 

Sounds fantastic - thanks for the update!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mailman said:

How is this interesting project going on?

 

If you're asking about mine, I'm fighting one last issue before I send Rev. C out. That issue is that at higher phone call volumes, the other party is able to hear themselves.

 

I previously resolved this issue, so I'm trying to figure out if my minor hardware changes on the Microphone side are to blame, or if the echo cancellation algo needs to be tweaked (this is something built into my BT module).

 

Thanks!

-Ted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×