Idiot

htc and carphone warehouse ***WARNING***

Does anyone have one of these phones? They any good? Currently looking at HTC one and the one x+ which is better? Gotta be 64gb minimum. No Samsung,windows or apple phones so don't even bother suggesting them.

Edited by Idiot

Check out http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/smartphones/1296334/best-mobile-phones-to-buy-in-2013 seems well recommended by more than one review but can't comment personally, was thinking of one too but think I'll soldier on with my current phone for another year, the HTC One was £48 pm on Vodaphone and £47 pm on O2 when I checked.

I have the One X (32GB) and a One X+ (64GB) both are very good phones.  Both of which I bought SIM free on the day of release and both are now much cheaper ;)

Contemplating the new HTC One now but waiting for prices to drop a bit first this time!

I had an Htc 1 vx (base model) and hated it. It was constantly messing up.

Went back to an iPhone 4 (99 cents), couldn't be happier.

Well, could be, but it does what I need. And I'm not a fan boy by any means...

Looks very nice but the lack of a removable battery is a killer for me - after about 18 months, I may want a replacement battery as they tend to lose charge and this isn't possible with the HTC One. Also, no SD card which isn't a biggie but due to the design the phone is almost unrepairable.

I've just bought an Xperia Z, haven't got it yet though.

my iphone 4s has finally got on my nerves one to many times. It lasts about 5 hours before going flat and that's without hardly doing anything except texting. I even changed the battery, the other day i had no sound, it wasn't the speaker, i had no volume controls at all. Afte several resets it started working again. 

I went for Sony because I'm getting old and unless iPhone are going to go with the flow their screen is to small, the iPhone 5 is a very slight improvement but it needs to be wider.

I`v got the Desire S and its been ok for me, my lad has the HTC one he`s had problems with his, also the battery dies too early, might be just his particular phone who knows.

I have a HTC One X and a HTC One. Before the HTC One was Released, i also bought a Galaxy Nexus 4 sim free, but it had an issue after a week so was a good reason for me to return for a refund. It was a good enough phone, and smooth, but it just didn't really offer anything over the One X. 

I've had the One X over a year and i really like the phone so i bought the One, downsides for me are a poor signal, and i'm not particularly impressed with the camera. 

I only got the HTC One today, and so far it seems excellent, nice to hold, smooth to use, loud, decent quality speakers (for a phone), decent camera and a good signal.

Go for the HTC One, you know you want to!

Order one online and if you don't like it, send it back. I bought the One from mobiles.co.uk, £120 up front, £22/month on o2 - 600mins, unlimited txt, 750mb data - although don't put your sim in if you want to send it back.

I've got the HTC one, I had the iPhone 4s and I think the HTC is much better, the battery is about the same the screen is like night and day compared with the 4s, light years better. If your used to the apple way then it's not that much different, I've tried the iPhone 5 and it's exactly the same as my 4s except a slightly larger screen so just wasn't worth another 18 months, also the HTC blows the 5 away. As an added bonus it has flash player on it!!!

Sweet. Swaying towards the one now. Yeah no sd card on a phone with less than 64gb is a dealbreaker for me. Will see what o2 can do for me. I don't particullaly like that the sales person bullshitted me saying it has an sd slot.

I'm coming from an HTC incredible. Would rather keep it than get given apple shit or Samsung. Did look at Sony but they dont seem to be on the same level. So did the one x+ come out before the one?

I really rate the Sonys, so for me it would be a choice between the Sony Xperia Z and the HTC One. The HTC One isn't as large, you could view that as a positive or negative.

The HTC One comprehensively reviewed here:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6747/htc-one-review

The Xperia Z 

http://www.stuff.tv/review/sony-xperia-z

Edited by Tuvoc

^ I'll go with that. Does everything I did with the iPhone well and more, and I can download songs off you tube straight to the phone, without needing apps or a laptop! So much better

Hi,

Here's another review;

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/smartphones/380965/htc-one

The Samsung S4 comes out soon and there'll be a big rush and fanfare about that and then it'll be seeing what Apple can come up with whenever they decide to launch their next handset. 

Lots of tech and gadgetry in these smartphones now and it'll be interesting to see what phones in 1,2 3-5 years are going to be like!

Cheers, Dennis!

I have the HTC One S and have had no problems with it at all other than when I got it wet one day and the vibrate wouldn't turn off, even when I turned the damn thing off.

Ended up taking the battery out (yes you can take it out, video on youtube shows you how) to stop it vibrating. As soon as it dried out it was fine again. Probably the most reliable phone I have owned.

Got my Xperia Z yesterday, so far quite impressed. The only thing i would say is the screen isn't as bright as the iPhone 4s... Yes i've turned the brightness up..

As it uses Android it is very similar to my boys Samsung S3. Quite a lot of things i prefer over the iphone and only a few i prefer the apple for. Love the drag texting rather then having to tap every letter

Ok turned off the auto brightness, nice and bright now... To bright.. 

Very impressed with Z. Went on a curry night with some work people last night up near Upminster, Essex. everyone there had iPhones, talkng about the screen so then i bought out my phone and everyone was calling it an iMax

I'm due a new phone and have used Nokia smartphones or the last 10 years or more. Any Lumia experiences out there? I'm resistant to iPhones so I guess the Sony would be an alternative?

Holy crap I grew up in upminster! Went fit the one, so far so good.

Spice of India in Cranham I think, just over the railway bridge

so phones fucked already. going back tomorrow. would not recommend. whats better is that i dont get a courtesy phone as the phone shop doesnt have a phone to give me. guess theyd be fucked if someone came in wanting to buy a phone!