RichardP

Firmware V6.02-6993 plus User Guide

Changes from V6.02-6985

Added option to name DAB, Sirius and XM preset bands with the "sbnX Name" command.

Added option to control individual lights on Lock and Unlock.

Increased internal menu stack size for 'Back' options.

Added aditional commands on switching away from the Intravee source to prevent corruption of the FMD station list on the BM54 radio. This may cause a short flicker of the display.

ivfw256exp_extras_v6.02-6993.zip

Intravee_Users_Guide_V6.02-6993.pdf

Very happy at the addition of the light control on lock / unlock feature!

Have missed this on those dark mornings / evenings.  My previous Golf GTI had this, and I've missed the feature on the M5.  Nice one!

Can't say I've uploaded to my Intravee just yet - battery on charge after a bit too much tinkering this afternoon!

how have you guys been using the enable light on lock/unlock feature?  My immediate idea is to leave one set of lights lit for 20 sec or something when I lock the car so that I know I've done it.  Since I don't have the alarm, I don't always know if I've locked the car.  I find myself walking back to the car and unlocking it, just to lock it and watch my lights blink.

Anything to fight my OCD. :)

Im using them on the unlock mode only atm,great feature as when i finish my backshift at 1am the car looks great when the lights come on (fogs and ae) and lights the foot path to the car.

hello,i have a question concerning firmware update,can i go from 6970 to 6993 and encompass all updates between them,or must i go sequential?

Can I update to the new firmware whilst using  Macbook Pro ? I know it does not have a serial port but the adapters seem to be windows based - can you suggest one on ebay ?

Edited by M5 Russ

Can I update to the new firmware whilst using  Macbook Pro ? I know it does not have a serial port :)

The upgrader software do not works on mac, you will have to use vmware or similar and an usb to serial converter to do it.

Hi there,

I have had an intravee for years and never made use of the "extra functions" or updated it regularly however I read with interest the other night about all the extras available and liked the sound of it so promptly dug out my USB-serial cable and downloaded all the necessary files and set about the task in hand.  Everything seemed to go well until the intravee went to reboot and i get the following message.  Even when I try and reboot it manually it says the same. 

Rebooting Intravee...
In bootloader - rebooting to app....
b
BOOT V3.5
Application flash checksum failed!

Intravee Bootloader Ver 3.5
SP=0x217D (8575)

IVBL 3.5>

Any help / suggetsions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

James.

The upgrader software do not works on mac, you will have to use vmware or similar and an usb to serial converter to do it.

What is vmware  :?

Hi there,

I have had an intravee for years and never made use of the "extra functions" or updated it regularly however I read with interest the other night about all the extras available and liked the sound of it so promptly dug out my USB-serial cable and downloaded all the necessary files and set about the task in hand.  Everything seemed to go well until the intravee went to reboot and i get the following message.  Even when I try and reboot it manually it says the same. 

Rebooting Intravee...

In bootloader - rebooting to app....

b

BOOT V3.5

Application flash checksum failed!

Intravee Bootloader Ver 3.5

SP=0x217D (8575)

IVBL 3.5>

Any help / suggetsions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

James.

James,

I think you have an old version of the bootloader which does not give enough time to calculate the checksum that's required for the larger latest firmware.  I 'think' that you can overcome this by upgrading first to the 6.01 firmware that I've attached.  So, update to 6.01, let it boot up, then update to 6.02.

ivfw256exp-v6.01-1410.zip

Russ, the only way to use a mac is to run a windows emulator of some sort on it, or have it dual boot to MAcOs or Windows.  VMWare is a way of running a copy of windows under MacOS, there are others.

There is no UI for the lighting options on the single line head units at the moment!

can it be set-up via the down loader program commands?

Ah, actually, yes there is a command!

You can do it with the "exec" command. ONLY USE THESE COMMANDS WITH V6.02-6993!!

To change the lock delay time in seconds

exec 243 xx

where xx is the number of seconds to change.

Example

exec 243 30

will increment the number of seconds by 30, default is 0, so it will set the delay to 30.

exec 243 -30

will decrement the number of seconds by 30.

To change the unlock delay

exec 247 xx

same as the lock delay.

Now it gets complicated!

I'll have to go through each light, to toggle the unlock lights between on and off

Left Main Beam

exec 240 0

Right Main Beam

exec 240 1

Left Dip Beam

exec 240 2

Right Dip Beam

exec 240 3

Left Front Fog

exec 240 4

Right Front Fog

exec 240 5

Left Front Side

exec 240 6

Right Front Side

exec 240 7

Left Front Indicator

exec 241 0

Right Front Indicator

exec 241 1

Left Rear Fog

exec 241 2

Right Rear Fog

exec 241 3

Left Rear Side

exec 241 4

Right Rear Side

exec 241 5

Left Reverse

exec 241 6

Right Reverse

exec 241 7

Left Rear Indicator

exec 242 0

Right Rear Indicator

exec 242 1

Left Stop

exec 242 2

Right Stop

exec 242 3

Centre Stop

exec 242 4

Licence Plate

exec 242 5

to toggle the lock lights between on and off

Left Main Beam

exec 244 0

Right Main Beam

exec 244 1

Left Dip Beam

exec 244 2

Right Dip Beam

exec 244 3

Left Front Fog

exec 244 4

Right Front Fog

exec 244 5

Left Front Side

exec 244 6

Right Front Side

exec 244 7

Left Front Indicator

exec 245 0

Right Front Indicator

exec 245 1

Left Rear Fog

exec 245 2

Right Rear Fog

exec 245 3

Left Rear Side

exec 245 4

Right Rear Side

exec 245 5

Left Reverse

exec 245 6

Right Reverse

exec 245 7

Left Rear Indicator

exec 246 0

Right Rear Indicator

exec 246 1

Left Stop

exec 246 2

Right Stop

exec 246 3

Centre Stop

exec 246 4

Licence Plate

exec 246 5

Hi Richard

You are the BEST 😃😃😃

Thanks soooo much for the amazing light-feature!!!! I missed that on my BMW Z4 coupe from the first day!!!

The Intravee could cost much much more and still would be worth to buy it.

One request: A while ago you included the feature "unlook car" with the option "do it" by switching of engine or by taking the key out of the ignition. I use the second one.

Richard, it would be amaaazing when you could include this options as well for the light feature!!!!!

So if activated, the chosen "follow home lights" would switch on, already while "exiting" the car. I know, is just a small detail but i would love it. Hope the best that this will be possible to program 😃

Thanks for your feedback and your amazing work !!!!!

Greets from Switzerland

The 'Unlock Lights' could be renamed 'Exit Lights', the 'Exit Trigger' could then be set to Accessory, Key Out or Lock. 

I'd think that these should probably be in a sequence, rather than just individual triggers.  For example, if you selected 'Accessory' and a 30 second delay, then the delay would be reset on Key Out and again on Lock, so the lights would remain on for 30 seconds after the last trigger.  What do you think?

Thanks Richard, I wondered if there was!

ok, from the list above for example

I'll have to go through each light, to toggle the unlock lights between on and off

Left Main Beam
exec 240 0

does that toggle it on & off, so once is on and execute the same command a second time it will be off?

Edited by Machinehead