Jamesy

BEST alloys to suit the E60/61 Model

The more I read, the more confused I get. I've just been going through a link posted, showing all the standard BMW wheel types. It says the 172 Spyders had a staggered 9.5 wide rear while on the E60s, but the E61s had 8.5s front and rear. Does this mean there is less scope for wide rears on the E61?

No, E61 can run 10.5x20 easily on the rear. I can only presume the data you saw was on the 18" M Sport rear. The 19" 172 (Spyder) option on an E61 would be the same as the E60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, E61 can run 10.5x20 easily on the rear. I can only presume the data you saw was on the 18" M Sport rear. The 19" 172 (Spyder) option on an E61 would be the same as the E60

Pretty sure he's right, the e61 came with a rear 19x8.5 iirc.

Pretty sure he's right, the e61 came with a rear 19x8.5 iirc.

Ok. Blimey!

I will look our for an E61 with spyders and look at the rear wheel shape. Being only 8.5j they will not achieve the Concave centre.

How strange.

Ok. Blimey!

I will look our for an E61 with spyders and look at the rear wheel shape. Being only 8.5j they will not achieve the Concave centre.

How strange.

I read somewhere it was to do with clearing the arch liner, the 9.5 can be fitted with a spacer.

We need an E61 owner that has spiders to clarify..

When I fitted my 10x20 the tyre touched the inner arch, but when you lowered the car down, the suspension pushed the wheel back out to its normal position. So it ended up with approx 15mm clearance.

When I fitted my 10x20 the tyre touched the inner arch, but when you lowered the car down, the suspension pushed the wheel back out to its normal position. So it ended up with approx 15mm clearance.

Do you know the offset on your 20x10s? Just out of interest.

It's puzzled me now :)

I could run a spacer to push it out a little more, but I was happy with the look at the time. I had plenty of agg with my E60 and rubbing etc

What size tyres are you running with them mate? Is your suspension standard? What offset are they, and are you using spacers? Do you have any pictures showing how the sit in relation to the arches?

Standard suspension at the mo. 275/30/20 rear, 245/35/20 fronts. Et25 front and rear, I know I can go lower, but as I said before I wanted trouble free until I get time to play about.

Not many pics to be honest. I seem to be fighting fires with it all the time. I am playing with the idea of washing it tomoz. I will post up some side on shots etc then. Dirty or clean

Standard suspension at the mo. 275/30/20 rear, 245/35/20 fronts. Et25 front and rear, I know I can go lower, but as I said before I wanted trouble free until I get time to play about.

Not many pics to be honest. I seem to be fighting fires with it all the time. I am playing with the idea of washing it tomoz. I will post up some side on shots etc then. Dirty or clean

This is on an E61?

Twiglet - you're thinking too much

Get the zito's and that black grill, you know you want to ;)

post-48081-0-79065500-1420240549_thumb.j

post-48081-0-09881600-1420240598_thumb.j

Or...some bad ass style 128's

post-48081-0-49013500-1420240677_thumb.j

attachicon.gif36720764-3pZhz.jpg

attachicon.gif36720763-wAG9g-2.jpg

attachicon.gifE61-Touring.jpg

Def doing the black grill myself (gloss)

But until I can run error free it won't be happening

Could be some time

Def doing the black grill myself (gloss)

But until I can run error free it won't be happening

Could be some time

Sell me your chrome grilles haha.

Def doing the black grill myself (gloss)But until I can run error free it won't be happening Could be some time Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes go for gloss black, looks a lot more premium. Don't forget to put yourself down for the Kent meet ;)

attachicon.gif36720764-3pZhz.jpg

attachicon.gif36720763-wAG9g-2.jpg

attachicon.gifE61-Touring.jpg

Shaz's, you're a git for holding out on me!! Haha

I wish I had seen those pics of the Zitos on the Black E61 a week ago! Would have saved me a whole lot of head scratching!!

Now, where do I find some gloss black kidney grills?

Shaz's, you're a git for holding out on me!! HahaI wish I had seen those pics of the Zitos on the Black E61 a week ago! Would have saved me a whole lot of head scratching!!Now, where do I find some gloss black kidney grills?

All in good time my friend :P

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321537252206&alt=web - the cheapest out there. Or if you're good at painting, you could buy a 20quid satin black and grill and spray it gloss yourself...

You can get them on ebay, but you have to sell me your original chrome grilles. It's forum law.

I assume the pre LCi and LCi are the same?