chedda88

X5 19's Tigerclaw Alloys On E39

It'd be easier to get 74.1 to 72.6 hub centric adapter spacers from eBay alongside the necessary longer bolts!

Just search for these; there are lots on eBay and you'll need 25-40mm IIRC!

Will probably cost you around what you'd be paying to have them bored out and then you'd need to pay more for the necessary spacers/longer bolts!

For me, yes, they look great, but you're putting hell of a lot of unnecessary pressure on the wheel bearings with spacers so big! Are there no other alloys you like the look of that don;t have such an aggressive/deep offset?!

Im buying 19 inch wheels, ive looked out some wheel adapters on ebay, going from 74.1mm down to 72.6mm for the tiger claws, 49.99 a set of 2, 20mm fromt n prob 30mm at the back same as yourself

I bought 4x 25mm wheel spacers that were meant for an E46 and had them machined to fit the e39 hub. No point just machining the wheels because you still need spacers due to the wrong offset of the X5 wheels 

As for extra stress on the bearings... The spacers bring the wheels to e39 offset. Also I had mine for 4 years with no issues 

1 hour ago, d_a_n1979 said:

For me, yes, they look great, but you're putting hell of a lot of unnecessary pressure on the wheel bearings with spacers so big! Are there no other alloys you like the look of that don;t have such an aggressive/deep offset?!

No your not, you merely correcting the offset to suit the vehicle. If you were to double the spacer so the wheels stick out further THEN you would be putting extra stress on the suspension/steering/bearings etc 

I've got 2 for the front, one to correct the centre bore and another to add width making 35mm and a single 15mm on the back. I would recommend 20mm on the back as it rubs ever so slightly when fully loaded over bumps. 

Tyres are 235/35 on the front and 265/30 on the back.

image.jpeg

Decided to go with 20 mm front and back, just now, then go further from there, got a set of direnza lowering springs 30mm, all round, do you guys think that will be alright with 19 inch tiger claws, how low are your cars?

You might have to go a bit wider on the front depending on tyre size. There is masses of room in the front to go low. Again depends on tyre size in the back. 

I went with 35mm in total which worked for me with my tyre size. Depends how you want the wheel to sit. I don't know what the shock clearance is like on the front without looking. If I get time later I'll stick a wheel on and take a picture. 

This is stock ride height as you can see there's plenty of scope to go lower. There's about 30mm clearance between the inside on the wheel and the shock so your 20mm spacer should be fine. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Mines are that colour, is a 30 mm drop goin to look ok do you think?, already got the springs so thats what ill have to go with lol, they are direnza springs, fast car done a review and said they were fantastic value for the money, Thanks for your time and info btw, its really helped me out, much appreciated buddy.

Edited by Delbhoy1983