olly22n

DSC, ABS and brake light on

Has any1 purchased the speed sensors from eBay?

For my tourer I was quoted £109 from Cotswold for 1 rear Speed Sensor, but on eBay the most expensive is £65 all in from GSF but there's also 1 from "Doctor Cars" for £36

Any1 dealt with doctor cars or just bite the bullet and pay from GSF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSF are genuine sensors or am I wrong?

I put after markets on my e36 and worked fine,

Then put after markets on my e39 and didn't work so I will be trying OEM but at £109 that's a bit steep for 1 sensor!

I seem to remember having a similar problem on the X5, I think it came on after a flat battery. There were lots of possible causes when I researched the problem.

Luckily, it sorted itself out when I turned the wheel from lock to lock a few times.

I recently replaced my battery and took the car to the local Indy and the fault was both passenger side Speed Sensors and he did the swap over ABS unit and the fault just swapped to drivers side so he had said def the sensors,

Are GSF parts OEM?

Probably a speed sensor olly, wprst case abs ECU rebuild needed, about £150 all in. Is the speedo working correctly and is cruise control working?

Speedo and cruise are both working.

It managed 160 miles on saturday before the lights came back on. I reckon its a dodgy sensor.

Maybe I am being stupid here,

But as far as I am told the speedo + fuel gauge run off the passenger rear sensor? Correct?

I purchased a cheap aftermarket "speed sensor" which didn't work, it's the blue connector 1, which bolts in?

Is that the correct sensor or is it the actual ABS sensor which doesn't bolt in but actually is a male/female connector,?

I'm so sure it's your ABS module.

I had the same problem with my old 528. On a long run no lights but driving around town I had the lights.

It was my ABS module in the engine bay which was at fault and didn't like the heat so I had it repaired at BBA Reman for £128.

I'm so sure it's your ABS module.

I had the same problem with my old 528. On a long run no lights but driving around town I had the lights.

It was my ABS module in the engine bay which was at fault and didn't like the heat so I had it repaired at BBA Reman for £128.

Can the module be removed without immobilising the car?

If the module is knackered then it plays all sorts of issues with the fault reading, mine read a fault on the front right sensor, replaced sensor and didn't change.

I ran my module for about 4 weeks with the warning lights on, at first they were occasionally on and then became more frequent, next the speedo, cruise and gauges went and finally limp home mode will come on, anyhow it stopped the guess work to what the problem was.;)

I replaced my 001 unit for a new Bosch one from Quarry motors, supposedly there is only a 50% chance of repair on these modules.