john_ate

Light Check Errors

Hi guys, I had some light check errors since a month ago, it started out of nowhere while I am driving one afternoon.

When the lights are turned on (mine has Auto lights) these errors together with gongs come out one by one, sometimes simultaneously:

1) Check Brake Light

2) Check Park Light

3) Check High Beam

4) Check Rear Fog Light

5) Check Front Fog Light

All the lights are working fine. Its always those 5 errors.

Live data seen through PA Soft indicates a red square (errors) at those lights.

My LCM is LCM III-B (Part No 6515919) and I've tried to replace with an exact part from Gatesy's broken car. Still didn't solve the problem with a replacement LCM.

The car is 2003 Aegean Blue Edition 530i Sport, with Xenon lights.

Any ideas? Fuses? Wires?

You possibly have a bad earth. If the indicators blink twice and fast, it's usually because a bulb has gone, but it might just think they've all blown, because the earth resistance is so high.

Edited by Allanw

Could it possibly due to a weak battery? Checked the diagnostic function No.9 while the engine is off and my battery is reading 11.4V.

Read in the Bentley's manual and it says that a good battery should be 12.6V fully charged while the engine is off.

It does feel weak starting up early in the morning, and if I left the interior lights for too long I had to jump the car.

I think its the original battery from 2003.

First of all it a very sensitive checkcontrol. a new and old bulb ahave differnet resistance and that could give warning even if the lights works ok in on the same function .

So you have proberly to high resistance differnet in the circuit bad ground or something like that.

The system also do coldcheck of bulbs even if they dont is in use.

Ok new Bosch S4 100Ah battery fitted, along with CCV, oil and brake pad work done last weekend. Car starts easily now on the first crank.

Alas, the light check errors persist.

Where do I go now?