baus

Check your scuttle drains!

Scuttle Drain Check  

164 members have voted

1. 1. After checking it, was your drain blocked?

I need to check mine - didn’t do it last year. Nearside is hard to see or get at. Last time I wrapped some rag around a long screwdriver and dipped it - it was dry. Contemplating getting the wheel off and wheel arch liner off but I'm at the age when getting out and getting under is getting less and less attractive. :lol:

Just had to clear drivers side, pushbike inner gear cable worked eventually and a satisfying pile of crap and water appeared on the drive behind the front wheel

Planning on ripping it all apart at the weekend to remove all of the crud properly

Two long cable-ties are good for this job. Thin end first to drive a hole through the mud and leaves etc, water should trickle out. Ram it up and down a few times to loosen debris. Then put thick end in and wait for it all to come out. It's a good ideo to thoroughly check ECE box inside. Water can get in there too easily. I drilled a hole in the bottom of mine, just in case water gets in. (Should be factory standard really) small piece of pipe glue in to assist water exit but not allow upwards ingress). Shuttle tray under windscreen above ECU are also is a vulnerable area for ingress. Especially from hose washing, car-wash or jet -washing car. Keep an eye on this area weekly in wet weather periods/areas. It could save you your bank balance or your car!

What happens if I removed driver side grommet and not reinstalled it? I did that because I got huge problem with it! Cleaned this cunt this summer and last week when it was heavy rain, got alot of water in my drivers side front and rear floor. I was thinking what the fck!? My carpets was soaking in water. First checked driver drain hole and what you think...blocked rubber grommet...water was to bonnet release cable and it was running true there. So this time I pushed that shit grommet out and left open hole. Put silicone around bonnet cable, dried out carbets and foam under hope everything will be fine. Guys my car is lci 530d tried to find passenger drain grommet no chance or its different, I took off wheel, wheel cover and still cant see it only some plastic ball in place where ecu sits. I removed that ball, pour some water and it looks like water goes freely. So I have two questions, first is it ok to remove drain grommet and dont put it back in drivers side and does that white ball in passengers side under ecu box is drain hole? Thanks

Edited by ZaKaS