Chaz

Would you buy an E60 LCI car with 141000 miles?

Still cold, after egr change mine ran at a rock solid 83C; although dpf out of danger now. Get the main changed too, you'll reduce fuel consumption even further.

Is 79 too cold? Congrats, 1000th post above.

Is 79 too cold? Congrats, 1000th post above.

Woah, I need to get off this site.

79 is too cold, put the heater on and it'll drop a little, come winter and it'll drop even further, not to mention really long warm up times and poor fuel consumption all the while. Even though mine was at 83C, I noticed another significant reduction in fuel consumption when I changed the main.

As a comparison, with broken stats, one journey used 1/3 of a tank, with new stats the same journey used 1/4, so that is about 25% less fuel consumption. That's a combination of a (partially) blocked dpf and the engine running richer fuel maps for the colder engine.

So yeah, you'll get it back in no time. If you do 30k miles a year, you probably do a few really regular journeys right? How much fuel do you use for those journeys now? Assuming you do regular routes, I reckon we can get a nice before/after comparison from you.

For the record, what mileage are you at? I'll guess ~90k?

Hi Baus,

I do have a regular trip which normally returns around 45 mpg at 80 mph so i will let you know if the change of stats makes any difference to the MPG.

My car has almost 180K now so the stat change should help the engine last another 100K !!!!

Cheers

Edited by E60North

Well, ive got the stat - just need to change it. Will wait for a dry day and go ahead with it.

Well, ive got the stat - just need to change it. Will wait for a dry day and go ahead with it.

which one the main?....you got the diy on how to do it?

which one the main?....you got the diy on how to do it?

The main, yes, a few online guides but sounds reasonably straight forward.

The main, yes, a few online guides but sounds reasonably straight forward.

Yeah it does.....but it's not tho unless you have baby hands lol.....don't forget the 7.5ltrs of red coolant. :)

Edited by Mother

Yeah it does.....but it's not tho unless you have baby hands lol.....don't forget the 7.5ltrs of red coolant. :)

Ye, not looking forward to that. So where should the temp be if all stats are working correctly?