nmoody

CD Player - MP3 file compatable?

Mine has the capability to play MP3's only in the head unit CD player not from the multichanger was like this when I got it so I guess it had the upgrade done for me :)

However I have a few discs in the car with around 100 tracks on them and if your favorite track is number 50 then be prepared to spend ages thumbing through the tracks one by one as it wont go to it directly from the idrive menu, only the track by track up and down buttons....ZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Haha thanks for the heads up, I never you can’t just scroll through.

I think I I’ll just pay that 100 and get an aux installed

Egr delete stops exhaust gases going back in to the engine - introduced to keep the green party happy but it makes the engine oil more acidic, reduces the mpg and causes loss of performance

@ Shaz. I will try my best to come. It sounds like fun.

@ 1Up u lucky, what yr is your e60?

@Baus I guess 1up should be able to answer that question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is one of the very 1st e60 535d's on a 54 plate. Comes with Pro Nav cd single head unit (6 disc multi), DVD sat nav drive.

It plays MP3's no problem with CD quality but as mentioned is a real pain to skip through multiple tracks as it only does them one at a time but it does have them track listed on the screen which is nice. 

Can’t you create folders as Baus mentioned?

TBH I have not tried....I might have to have a play and revisit the thread once I have some answers.

Mine is a pro sat nav too with voice activation button so my menu button in the middle is split into two. One menu and one voice command. I'm pretty sure urs does that too cos the mfsw comes with voice button.

Mine is a pro sat nav too with voice activation button so my menu button in the middle is split into two. One menu and one voice command. I'm pretty sure urs does that too cos the mfsw comes with voice button.

I do have the voice control button on the wheel but it actually doesnt work so Im guessing the cars is not coded for voice command.

I hope after I get it updated. All the features will be enabled.

Did you mention to Nick that you want mp3 activiated? its an extra option and he'll only do it if you request it

Mine is a 56 later 2006, but I notice I don't see much of those with split button. Maybe it was a custom request ? Built in AUX, Bluetooth and also has this phone thing in the middle compartment

I did, and I will make sure I sing the tune of mp3 when I drop it for updates.

cool, just in case :)

Maybe it was only cars that have voice control that have the voice button on the centre console. My car has exactly the same setup as yours with the two buttons and the leather topped idrive controller.

I coded mine to play mp3s recently. I can confirm that if you put the songs in folders when you burn the disk you can navigate to a folder and just play the songs in that one folder. Works well.

Also, based on my experience I wouldn't go to too much effort to get voice control working. Every time I ask it to call someone on my phone it usually changes the radio station or switches to the heated seat control view or some other random action. Or perhaps I just need to learn to enunciate better!

Interesting. I'll ask the mechanic to see what he can do with mine then

If the folders work then that's pretty handy...for now until i get bored again

That's great with the update on the folders. I'm looking forward to mine working soon after the update.

As per the voice control it needs training as I think if ur accent is not right it goes to another menu. So u are right I do get that as well.

I can say the voice control on my BMW is much much better that my Audi A4 cos that never dialed nothing for me just kept doing completely opposite if I say zero it says 9 lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Google now's "Ring xyz" or "text xyz" I'm x minutes away works pretty well tbh. You can also ask it things like "do I need an umbrella today", or my personal favorite "wake me up in x hours" :D