Sign in to follow this  
Nomis

cine film to dvd

my mother has recently moved back to the uk from spain after living there for about 25 years. In the move she came across a box with 7 7" 8mm cine reels which helpfully have the location and year they were taken by my grandfather who was very methodical about his labelling etc. The reels are of general home stuff from 1960, corsica 1960, riviera 1961 and tunisia in 1962. My mother was born in 1949 so will be on all of them as a child :lol:

I have never seen them and would dearly love to. All in all i guestimate judging by the feet markings in the reels there is about 2000 feet of film all together. My mother seems to think he filmed her in 1966 winning some cross country and dressage (spelling?) horsey events but she cant find those.

Anyway, i have googled transfering them to dvd but there are hundreds of places that do it so am a bit confused. can anybody recommend a place and give me a ball park price to do them?

My sister does have the projector and the screen but i dont know how fragile the film will be and dont want to knacker it up so dare not try watching them.

I went to my local Jessops and asked for their opinion/advice for companies local they've used/heard good feedback from, not any direct advice I'm afraid but may help if nobody else can...

Precisely. She has a bar/house there which was getting too much work to run now shes getting on so she is selling it but nothings selling at the moment so is stuck in limbo with it.