Fezzy16v

Focus ST170

I drove my cousins ST170... Had enough poke about it for a laugh, handled nicely but drank fuel at an alarming rate considering what it was.

i didn't think they were that quick for a 170bhp fairly light car, but that said i would rather have that over a standard focus as a daily :)

someone at work had one for years, had done very high miles and it needed nothing, but i dont think it was ever driven quickly

Oddly I have just helped a close friend buy one. For £1500 they are great

Handles really well and has superb "flow"

Loves to rev yet still seems to have plenty of low down pull

Excellent chassis, lovely direct steering and keen turn-in with the tyre pressures set well, nice grunty Duratec.

It's actually a Zetec badged as Duratec :)

Great cars, always fancied one with throttle bodies as a track toy.

Played bout with a few when I worked for ford n they were new out. Good enough for a bit of fun. But I'd imagine most of them will be startin to rust n fall apart by now! Find a good one and you'll probably enjoy it.

Are they really that bad on fuel?? Official figures show 22.8 MPG around town which does sound quite low to be honest but I guess its how you drive it...

Are they really that bad on fuel?? Official figures show 22.8 MPG around town which does sound quite low to be honest but I guess its how you drive it...

Oddly that came up in conversation today, my friend comments how bad it is on fuel. About £65 to fill and he's getting about 280miles

get an early ep3, i'm getting 280miles on local use to £50 of v-power/tesco 99ron, its quicker too ;) but slightly stiffer in set up so wont suit everyone

google-mother-fucker.jpg

You type in EP3 into google and all is explained. That and the fact Mikey is a new owner of one :D

EDIT: I'd rather have an EK9... :P

Edited by M5 HOH

Honda Civic Type-R :neutral: :neutral:

Never liked them to be honest as everyone who drives them appear to be boy racers or chavs..

Each to their own though hahaha

yeah i'm a boy racer still at 30 :) its still completely standard so i'm not a chav

have you driven an st yet?

A good friend of mine has had his ST170 estate from nearly new, to be fair he hasn't done loads of miles in it, but other than routine servicing and a couple of recalls it's been fine. For best running it needs to be run on super unleaded and yes the mpg is pretty dire for a 2ltr. It's a peaky engine and doesn't have a huge amount of low down torque but has a nice top end acceleration. The estate ones like his are quite rare, and he has factory Xenons as well. Overall really good cars and good fun to drive, he was going to be selling it this year, but aside from the mpg, it costs him so little to run it, he's decided to hang on to it for another year.

i looked at the focus ST170 but decided that it was too slower than a 330, no better on fuel than a 330, cost about the same as a decent 330 second hand. So I went for a 330 lol.

its way too slow and thirsty for what it is.

yeah i'm a boy racer still at 30 :) its still completely standard so i'm not a chav

have you driven an st yet?

Not yet bud, looking at various options as we speak.

i looked at the focus ST170 but decided that it was too slower than a 330, no better on fuel than a 330, cost about the same as a decent 330 second hand. So I went for a 330 lol.

its way too slow and thirsty for what it is.

That may be but for £2k you can pick up a very tidy ST170 whereas what sort of 330i would you get for that money??

Plus would struggle to get a 330i as the 540i does more things better 8)