Rich69

First time BMW owner E28 535i SE

Hi,

My name is Rich, I've just bought a fantastic 1986 E28 535i SE from another member AndyB and I'm just saying hello.

This is my first foray into the world of BMWs so take it easy on me(!) I learn fast but I come from a background of Minis, Rovers & American muscle cars.

Looking forward to getting to know people on here and getting to some shows.

I'm based up north out in the countryside of Northumberland.

Cheers.

post-40446-0-00367200-1338626166_thumb.j

Welcome to the world of the E28 Rich...and I have to say you have entered into it with a fine example! Many of us who know Andy really well tried our hardest to talk him out of selling it, even to the point of hiding, or altering, the 'for sale' signs at a couple of the shows lol....anyway I for one, and im sure others will agree, am pleased its gone to someone who will look after it as well as he did and that thankfully its not dropped off BMW5 radar so to speak :) One thing to watch with it is the mpg computer..if it goes below 30mpg it may complain..but dont worry its just because its not used to it ;) Enjoy your stay!

Welcome Rich,

Did Andy mention that he was going to fit the body kit to it but just never got round to it? wink.png

Great car.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

It's nice to join another friendly forum, couldn't have done my last car without help from the club message boards.

Hopefully this car will get more use than my last one(!) and I can get to some meetings, cruises, events what have you.

I look forward to being an active member & classic BMW owner.

Hi again,

Thanks for the fresh welcomes. I appreciate it.

I've been out and about today along some quiet Northumberland country roads.

This car has not stopped impressing me yet.

post-40446-0-52938100-1339453301_thumb.j

Edited by Rich69

Hi and welcome Rich, you have got yourself a fine example of the breed there. As Mark says we did alsorts to de-rail Andy's sale in the past. Really glad it has gone to a good home and look forward to keeping up with it's progress. 8)

Hi and welcome Rich, you have got yourself a fine example of the breed there. As Mark says we did alsorts to de-rail Andy's sale in the past. Really glad it has gone to a good home and look forward to keeping up with it's progress. 8)

I'll do my best. I'm still learning about the car but from what I've gathered from talking with Andy & looking around the car there isn't that much that needs doing apart from the regular servicing etc...

I've ear marked a new back box for the exhaust which I will be acquiring fairly soon but it's not essential right now.

Part of my mandate for a new car was that it was to be usable & drivable, I didn't want another "project" car, I wanted a drivers car.

My last project is still awaiting an MOT before the new owner comes to collect it. It's hard to focus on since I have the E28 just sitting there wanting to be driven!

Hopefully taking it to the local car show/meet/cruise this evening.

(Attached is my last project, a 1969 Dodge Charger which I've been restoring for the past 6 years. Now sold to finance the E28 & other things)

post-40446-0-00034900-1339582356_thumb.j

Nice old barge mate, congrats. I know a few BMWCC members in the NE, they're a nice bunch, as are us Scottish guys. Plenty meets etc.

Edited by Cambell

Cheers lads,

The Charger was a journey. A long time coming with a lot of blood, sweat, tears & money over 6 years.

My childhood dream car.

This year I decided that it was time for a change and a car I could actually drive and go places in(!)

Hence the E28. Which, to be honest, suits my driving style a lot better and is a much better car in a lot of respects. Plus 30ish mpg is a lot better than 10!

It's going to a good home and I've found a car I like to drive even more now.

I've been out and about today along some quiet Northumberland country roads.

"Quiet Roads" Andy. That's the trick :)

Examples like the one above make me wish I'd bought an e28 instead of the e39.....

I suppose I could do the JAM172 thing and just keep buying them! Not that my better half would be as understanding as his though ...

That particular 535 is a bit of a gem too. I've known it a good few years and whilst not perfect it's one of the few good ones out there IMO

I'm dead chuffed for the warm welcome on the boards, thanks chaps.

I am also well aware of what a superb example of a 535 E28 I have bought and will strive to keep up the standard that Andy has set.

Loving the car.

Updates soon will feature a new rear exhaust box and a fresh pair of rear tyres.