Sign in to follow this  
trenchy24

sport bumper towbar cut out

Hi all,

Took my rear bumper off today and started the tow bar fitting process.

I have noticed the the diffuser already has what I imagine is the tow bar cover support. It has a cut out which lines up with the electric socket mount on the towbar.

Anyone have experience with tow bar fitment on sport bumpers. Am I able to just cut a hole in my current diffuser and save 70quid!? If I am...I can't see any obvious marks to follow?

Cheers

Chris

I have used the "template" on a standard bumper but not on a sport but I can't see it being any different, just buy the cover and check the clips will lock in on the marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so watch out for fat fingered spelling!

i spent the £70 bucks and bought a new diffuser!! lol. Its cheap, and sold my current diffuser on ebay for nigh on same price so cost bugger all really. :)

Edited by kjb1

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to put more money in BMWs pocket than was needed.

But its looking like I need to buy the whole thing? Bummer.

Chris

If its a detectable tow bar you are fitting its best. The main diffuser was about 60 plus vat, and bud removable centre piece was about 25 plus vat. Its not cheap but like i said it does look good. I only used my tow bar once and sold my caravan so i have splashed out all that cash for nothing!