Sign in to follow this  
REM2000

Wiper Blades

My blades are going on my 5, so i thought i'd just pop into local car parts or halfords. However the blade is too big, the closest they have is for a transit. B)

I can understand having to go to BMW for major works, but to pick up some new blades seems a little silly.

To make this rant into more of a question is there any online BMW parts shops in the UK? Quick and cheap would be the best. :rolleyes:

Wha...?

I always buy from Halfords - the Bosch set fit perfectly. I think it's a 22" and 26" you need...

When it comes to wipers if you get BMW get them because its not worth saving a couple of pounds from my experiance. A good set should last a couple of years at least with no SCREAACHHING ARRRGGGHHHH if you know what I mean... :o

bosch are great wipers, used em on everyyyyyyyy car Ive ever had.....

Got mine of ebay, £13 delivered, smashin

Ditto. The Bosch are fab and never ever screech, hop skip or jump. Cost more than the sh*t Halfords peddle, but worth it. :o

also keeping ya screen clean makes the wipers more effective, the wipers are only designed to remove water and road grime, not 6.57 million bugs fron the last 140+ run on the A40, or a weeks worth of dirt build up etc, and certainly not ice scrapers, makes me larf every year that, but we all do it hahhahah :o

anyway, I also recommend rain-x, bloody marvellous....... never have to use wipers if the rain is hard enough, and the screen clears a lot better..

tip : do the front screen with rain-x, then use the already 'damp with rain-x cloth' to do front sides, rear screen and mirror lenses......

Used Rain-x on the front once, and next time it rained I nearly died. Bloody awfull smearing - the wipers simply swooshed over the stuff and didn't remove any water.

And they were new wipers too, as advised.

I'll Never use it again!

It's bloody good on the sides though, as the rain is blown off...

you musta done somink wrong then :o

Ive used it on almost all me cars, never had a problem...........

the rain should 'swoosh' off the screen better than the sides cos of airflow......

If you ever get it here for a scrubbing, Ill prolly do it then :)

the rain should 'swoosh' off the screen

hehhh heheheh got a way with words that boy," swoosh" :);) kin luv it bosch blades mesell as well :o

the rain should 'swoosh' off the screen

hehhh heheheh got a way with words that boy' date='" swoosh" :);) kin luv it bosch blades mesell as well :o [/quote']

Oi! That's my copywrited word! Gerroff Fellie! :o

anyone bought some wiper blades in the last week from the guy on Ebay car-accessories_uk . Placed an order last Saturday (14th) and still waiting. Had payment received confirmation but not a sausage since. Have emailed him with no response.

Cheers

Bal