Sign in to follow this  
alpinaman

Best drum solo ?

Cheers.

They're about 18mm diameter. I can't play what I did in the video with thin sticks, feels strange, especially when bringing the sticks up over my head. Feels like I've dropped my sticks.

Are those snare drums 14-lug and tuned extra tight? Suppose you need the heavier sticks for plenty of rebound?

Dave Lombardo from Slayer is by far the best drummer in the world and has been proven. Look up some of his stuff. Joey Jordison from Slipknot is a close second.

Very bold statements there lol

Are those snare drums 14-lug and tuned extra tight? Suppose you need the heavier sticks for plenty of rebound?

12 lugs. The heads are made of kevlar or mylar, depending on application. You can stand on the heads without any trouble - they don't even bend.

I should practice on kit more really, I'm pants.

Do you play regularly?

12 lugs. The heads are made of kevlar or mylar, depending on application. You can stand on the heads without any trouble - they don't even bend.

I should practice on kit more really, I'm pants.

Do you play regularly?

Ahh, 12 lugs. I reskinned a Premier marching snare for a local school last year, and that was a 12 lug model,....I think. It could take some silly-high tuning.

I stopped gigging regularly about two years ago (having a rest really), but I still play at home and teach drums some evenings. I've got the itch again though and I'm searching for my ideal band,......very very difficult.