Danstable

Music to my ears! Got BM54 issues? Read this.

Having had issues with my BM54, I now have music again and I would like to recommend the chap that made it happen.

My issues were not the usual loss of speaker channels, rather a squealing distortion that could be heard at all volumes when using radio or CD inputs (it was fine with Bluetooth and Navi). I contacted a guy called Baris that I found through ebay and after a lot of time spend dealing with me by email he was honest enough to tell me that he was unlikely to be able to fix it as it was most likely the processor at fault rather than amps or dry solder.

Anyway, I sent it off to him and at lunchtime the next day I got an email to say that he had cleaned up the board and fitted new amps but with no luck. No charge, just pay the postage to get it back to me with the old amps fitted back in.

So, my options at this point were simply to buy a replacement unit. New from BMW....not at that price thanks! Second hand off ebay for something in the region of £300...too much risk of it failing a few months down the line. The solution....buy one from Baris for £235 with new amps fitted plus the soldering already sorted. Lifetime warranty on the amps and 12 month warranty on everything else. Plus I have my old one back to tinker with if I wish.

I realise this reads like a really dodgy advert but honestly, it is a recommendation from one very happy customer. Feel free to PM me if you would like any more details of my experience, or just contact him at navi4cars@gmail.com.

Cheers and good luck with your BM54 issues!

Dan

It might well be. If the case has 4 holes where there used to be RCA's then it could well be mine.

Edited by Chaz

Thank you Dan for the comments.

It might well be. If the case has 4 holes where there used to be RCA's then it could well be mine.

Your bm54 is a round pin version. I still need to leave you some positive feedback. Will do this evening :)

Thank you Dan for the comments.

Your bm54 is a round pin version. I still need to leave you some positive feedback. Will do this evening :)

Hi, indeed. Welcome to the forum.