Dovedec

Remote keys not working 2006 530d touring

Hi guys

I dont have a problem with my remote locking (as yet touch wood)  but i have issues with radio signal, and also phone wont pair with blue tooth, and recently i have lost all b roads and some functions from the navigation system.

do you think it is the antenna amplifier which is causing this?

i have a 56 plate E60 

suggestions more than welcome..

many thanks

mark

The bluetooth has a separate antenna and I think the GPS connects directly to the sharks fin.  Sounds more an issue with your CCC/CIC

Hi all

i now know there is the antenna amplifier, which is a strip and also a diversity antenna amplifier which is a box,

does anyone know which one could be the problem?

getting confusing now..lol

cheers

Mark

Hi guys

so the blue tooth is sorted, its my phone..... as mates one pairs instantly,, so ill sort that.

i swapped my antenna amplifier, and still the same issues.. bad reception, and all minor roads on sat nav have gone.

so could it be simple like dodgy battery in fob?

any ideas/suggestions please...

mark

I had the same problem with my 535d LCI E61 

I've rewire all the tailgate with Silicone wire which has sorted out the number plate light and rear light then the Key Fob would only work if I pressed the fob next to the centre brake light. So I removed the diversity antenna and cleaned it up and put it back, it worked for another year then stopped. I looked everywhere for one of these and most were around £280 to buy so I took it to TM Electronics in Swansea and he fixed it for £30 what a bargain. All is working well for a change.

Other things to look out for are :-

Swirl Flaps (Blank them out)

The Panoramic Sun Roof - make sure that you cut the filters off the on of the tubes by the back wheel otherwise these get clogged and water lands up in the spare wheel well where all the electrics are and will cost you £4,000 to fix also drill a hole in the well too just to make sure.

Auto_Gearbox this is not a lifetime box so get a garage to suck the oil out from the fill cap and replace the oil and while you are there get them to change the axle oil too.

If you've still got a DPF make sure that your engine is running at the correct temp if it's not the engine will not go into regen to clean the DPF  so new thermostats will fix this

On 7/9/2018 at 2:41 PM, AndyH said:

I took it to TM Electronics in Swansea and he fixed it for £30 what a bargain. All is working well for a change.

I've just posted my unit to them.... Fingers crossed they fix it too. Tony is the chap I talked to. He was really helpful. 

T M Electronics Ltd

250 Carmarthen Rd, Swansea SA1 1HG

Phone: 01792 648680

Edited by mrdinovelvet

On 13/06/2019 at 18:10, mrdinovelvet said:

I've just posted my unit to them.... Fingers crossed they fix it too. Tony is the chap I talked to. He was really helpful. 

T M Electronics Ltd

250 Carmarthen Rd, Swansea SA1 1HG

Phone: 01792 648680

Please post an update on when you receive the unit back, turn around times etc. 

Mine is only working properly when the air temp is above 18 degrees! All other times the key needs to be right next to the antenna. I've managed to clean it up with electrical cleaner a few times to regain functionality, but that's not cutting it this time. Definitely want to avoid having to buy a new one if at all possible. 

On 7/21/2012 at 2:39 PM, Glyn Lucas said:

Hi,

Just for information. My 530 Touring has just suffered the same problem - key fob suddenly would not open the doors...

I discovered that if I held the remote over the antenna (which runs along the top edge of the rear spoiler) it would work at close range. Not wanting to be ripped off by BMW dealers, I decided to have a go at fixing the antenna amplifier which is accessed by removing the three torx bolts on the inside of the glass section of the hatch. Once removed, slide the spoiler downwards to disengage the fixings then lift away and carefully remove the two connectors - one for the remote antenna and one for the upper brake lights.

The antenna amplifier is beneath an insubstantial black plastic 'lid' which clearly isn't up to the job of keeping moisture out of the amplifier.

Undo the two bolts holding the amp and disconnect remaining connectors and lift the amp out of the car. (it's grey about 25cm long and 1cm thick

Pop the clips and separate the two halves of the amplifier casing and you will see the circuit board.

Almost certainly, you will see that the remote antenna circuit is covered in corrosion over several of the components. (on the two I've looked at it was exactly the same corrosion in exactly the same place!

To fix, first use an old toothbrush (must be bone dry!!) And carefully brush away any corrosion from around the components

Now using a very fine-tipped soldering iron, carefully remelt the connections on the back of the board that hold the antenna connector.

carefully re-flow any solder joints that look suspect but be careful not to bridge any tracks!

Clean all the connectors with switch cleaner and reassemble.

That's it - keys will now work again without any problem! I've repeated this on two different cars with the same successful result.

Hope that helps anyone struggling with this issue.

Thank you so much for this - exactly the right solution.

Mine stopped working after a very enthusiastic car valeter sprayed his jet wash wand into the spoiler area. Initially I couldn't see any obvious corrosion, but then I saw that under a large metal clip (RF shield of some sort), there are a handful of components, including a crystal oscillator which was very corroded. I removed the clip (difficult becauese it is soldered to the board, but instead of de-soldering it, add more solder to get it moving and then just slip it off with fine pliers). This exposed the crystal oscillator and the surrounding components. I followed your advice to the letter and hey-presto all working :-) Now back on the car with silicone sealing up the black box.. Price from BMW is now £354 for a new unit..

IMG_6111.jpg

Dear All

Great info on here regarding the Diversity Antenna. Thank you. I left the tailgate open during heavy rain whilst loading and hey-presto I'm spanking the www!

I've spoken with TM Electronics in Swansea, but before I post it of to them I have 2 questions if you'd oblige me?

1. Can I use the car without the D.A?

2. Do I need disconnect the battery whilst taking out the D.A?

Thank you gang,

Sneaky

2008 E61 525i

Edited by SneakyMcC

Thanks . I’m going to check out the whole thing myself. I dread waiting for things to go wrong . Hoping we can prevent it.

4 hours ago, 7day said:

Thanks . I’m going to check out the whole thing myself. I dread waiting for things to go wrong . Hoping we can prevent it.

Check, clean, spray with a silicon based lube to keep water off, buy a tube of silicon grease and spread it around the seals on the cover for the DA box and you should be safe from future ingress.