jackie_black

Any reason not to buy a 545?

It's a start but you'll have to do better to keep us lot happy! Same wheels mine came with, I've just blasted n painted mine gloss black ready for winter rubber

I used mine with the Dunlop runflats all last winter n had no bother, even helped unstick a few mates cars. I'd research into the smaller wheels before buyin as someone told me minimum of 18s needed for the 545 / 535d to clear the brakes. Could be rubbish but just what I got told

Standard front discs are 348mm (nearly 14") plus the width of the caliper... I've been looking into this as I'm looking to go 380mm with 8 pot calipers... :)

(Rears are 345mm)

Fook me 8pots?! That'll be awesome! What have you found so far? I've heard the guys across the pond use ksports a fair bit for brakes and suspension, apparently good value for money kit

I was going K-Sport, now going PhatBoyBrakes - same kit though - same company makes them for K-Sport, D2, PBB etc

post-1-0-49435800-1313954654_thumb.jpg

I did speak to PBB about a group buy as they can do them for most BMWs, but was only £80 off on 5 or more kits

Ooooh they do look the biz, I'm trouser tenting now lol I will want them at some point but i really must get the bodykit n dinan gear on first

How fast do you drive man? I've just done a simulated work commute to er test me lights out, it does have hids btw and I got 23mpg driving how i do normally. Then i went for some a-road shenanigans and came home on 25mpg. Used half a tank now, done 200 miles, more economical than me 528 thus far, lol.

I used mine with the Dunlop runflats all last winter n had no bother, even helped unstick a few mates cars. I'd research into the smaller wheels before buyin as someone told me minimum of 18s needed for the 545 / 535d to clear the brakes. Could be rubbish but just what I got told

535d will take 17 inch wheels - a mate of mine used this set while his main wheels were being refurbed:

DSCN1653.jpg

DSCN1661.jpg

And they are for sale £300 delivered in the UK. See the bmw car magazine forum for details. The seller is a member on here but I don't know his status so I won't divulge, just in case this is deemed to be selling by proxy. But, they're a decent set of wheels with very little damage and almost perfect for a set of winters.

Edited by amauvis

My hand book reckons the 545 came with 17s an 225 45 17s on it. Those wheels look awesome for winter, wish I had some spare cash but I just bought a V8. I'll never have cash again!

Great but I hope you were using a 545 at intended. I belive the less I get per tank the more fun i had!!!!!

Down to circa 350 a tank......will try harder!!!

I think if i was immune to prosecution i'd get 120 miles a tank

Man after my own heart!!! Years ago i did a run from Tayvallich back to East Kilbride in an ST24 V6 Mondeo in under 2 hours (1hr 45 comes to mind) in an era before speed cameras and sucked a full tank dry and thats circa 120 miles.

Great but I hope you were using a 545 at intended. I belive the less I get per tank the more fun i had!!!!!

Down to circa 350 a tank......will try harder!!!

He's using it MORE as intended than you by the looks of things mate! 350 miles per tank? Hang your head in shame :)

He's using it MORE as intended than you by the looks of things mate! 350 miles per tank? Hang your head in shame :)

Sorry, just being a diesel barsteward :twisted: and rubbing it in...... Got something like 660 miles from a tank whilst blasting through France. B)

Ah sorry I missed the deisel connection!

I got about 350+ per tank zipping down to the south of france and back. 80-100mph, 5 up and loads of luggage. Not bad.

Welcome to the 545 "Club"

My saying has been since getting my car is "More smiles per mile" and while I can afford it, try not to think of the fuel cost.

My first journey on collecting the car was over 200 miles on 3/4 of a tankful. Display indicate 19.8 mpg on average with the commute to work seeing 28-30 mpg, but as stated many times above, the sound of that engine and the pull in any gear often means a blip or two of the loud pedal.

WHY?

Because we can 8)