Sign in to follow this  
robtd

How do you remove the instrument cluster?

Hi Guys

Sorry to ask this, I have done a search but some of the 'how to' links no longer work.

Could anyone tell me how to go about removing my instrument cluster please?

I think my ABS warning light has been tampered with and would like to investigate. ABS not working and the light is about a quarter lit up from the right hand side as if someone has had a go at removing the bulb. It seems to be getting more lit up as time goes on as if the bulb is moving?!

I have only had this 520 for about 6 months and i thought it was in really good order. I never had cause to slam the brakes on and test the ABS but since noticing this light starting to light up i have tried it and the wheels lock straight up, no attempt from the ABS. I want to get the car right (and safe) as my wife mainly uses it to run the kids about.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

Remove (pull out) both dash covers under instrument cluster. It will reveal 3 screws. Remove those and 3 torx on top part of cluster surrounding. Pull out surrounding. Remove electric connectors from either side so you can lift the surrounding on top of dash. Remove 2 torx screws on top of cluster. Then pull out cluster. Cluster electric connectors are lever type, press pin and pull the lever.

Thanks Clavurion - ill give it a go asap

Dan - its a 520 mate