Captain Atlantis

Mega prize to be won.

OK forumites, this is my 5 hundredth post, and you all know I like things like this, so I'm starting a little competition icon_biggrin.gif

Prize is a nice round £ 500.00 ( see what I did there ? )laugh.gif

To enter, all you have to do is tell me what you would spend the winnings on - got to be spent on your forum car icon_wink.gif

Obviously, the more unusual the idea ( keep it clean ) the better icon_razz.gif

I am the judge and jury, winner will be the last person to post, and no correspondence will be entered in to icon_evil.gif

Good Luck everyone, Mark icon_biggrin.gif

Sob story. Well as I have a baby on the way and am getting married next Friday the wife has taken all

My money away and I don't have any for car modding now or seems anytime soon with us now needing to move

To a bigger house.

So I would spray my rear bumper. Refurb my alloys. Upgrade to facelift brakes and probably go facelift lights all round and my car would be done.

Chi :)

If I had £500 to spend on my car, I would buy

1) a set of slicks for track days

2) 2 tanks of petrol for track days

And

3) a track day

If there is any change, I'd spend it on photos of my car doing the track day!

I would buy the clutch kit i need and pay someone to finsih off my manual conversion so i don't have to lie in the rain swearing at stupid clutch plate and stupid input shaft not lining up! :)

Then i'd fire her up without the exhaust system to upset my already upset neighbours that keep asking how long there is going to be a slightly rotten donor car in the drive! :)

And then i'd fill her up and knowing my luck break the gearbox within the first 100 miles! :)

(p.s. the upset neighbours isn't me being anti-social, they are extremely nosey curtain twitching types and i see it as my civic duty to give them something to moan about! :) )

Hmmmm 500 notes would go towards a full m tech kit for the sex panther.

Or at least that's what I'd tell you I'd spent it on and hope you don't find out I really blew it on an orgy of hookers!

Get rust on boot slam panel sorted, blooming E39's! Then with the change, make a donation to RAF benevolant fund. Everything related to the forces charity wise is all about help for heroes nowadays. They are (indirectly) taking money from the smaller, more established charities, such as the RAFBF and RAFA. The remainder of the £500 would not be appriciated by H4H, but to a smaller charity it would mean the world.

OK rant over! Happy 500th post mark! On an aside, I haven't forgotten about the stuff you emailed me mate, i just don't have the time it deserves at the moment!

As the car is coming up to it's 8th birthday I would try and make it feel and look like new again by:

Replacing all the rear suspension bushes

Replacing the thrust arms at the front

Sending the car to a local body spray shop for the lower front spoiler and bonnet touch up

Will look like the day it left the factory!

I'd treat my all original 69000 mile E28 520 to a makeover.

set it off with a set of these:post-30399-0-30053800-1310679985_thumb.j

beg, borrow or steal the awesome spoiler off of this bad boy!!post-30399-0-86515200-1310680020_thumb.j

Fit these to the grille to aid removal of inferior drivers from my roads:post-30399-0-61124200-1310680085_thumb.j

bring a bit of life to the dreary original flanks:post-30399-0-37154800-1310680233_thumb.j

I jest of course. First things first I'll be upgrading my E28's original factory lighting:

post-30399-0-96399500-1310680287_thumb.j Out with the factory H1's and H4's, four of these will be on the shopping list. I might even get it to stretch to a pair of these for the fogs:post-30399-0-20145400-1310680506.txt

Then I'll spend all the remaining change on a much-needed (in the car department, at least) one of these:post-30399-0-60254700-1310680372_thumb.j

If i had £500 to spend i`d like to change the carpets and mats in my 540 to blue, and to re-gasket my cam covers if there was any left i`d also give it to the RAF benevolant fund.

Mmmm, Id definately upgrade my audio, Thr BM54 is the pantiest pants in the pants kingdom

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

I would put the money towards a full respray of the car and rust removal as it getting a a little bubbly in place for my liking. It's an old E28 with 200000 miles, it had to start rusting at some point.

Mmmm...

Firstly I would purchase a dozen sheets of polished aluminium.

Working by candle light, I would remove every single precision built panel on my "Beasty" and set about replacing them with the aluminium panels hammered into shape by my very own hands..

During the day I would be enrolled on a theoretical physics course, training my mind in the use of words such as "1.21 Gigawatts" and "Time Displacement"

(Can you see where this is going?)

Once suitably up to speed on all things brainy and sciencey, I would install a flux-capacitor(Home made of course) in the rear arm rest (For cosmetic reasons of you understand) A little more tinkering with old ECU's and wiring looms scavenged from the local breakers, should see the time circuits finished...

Thanks to the handy "buy it now" option in the EBay listing, it would only be a matter of days before the Plutonium necessary to generate, said 1.21 Gigawatts, arrives on my door step..

Then it would be off to my local Morrisons car park at 1am for some initial testing. (No doubt there would be a few bugs to iron out!)

Then I would pack my suitcase and travel the highways of time!!..

Of course if I had another £500, I'd look into that hover conversion I've been reading about, but I need to be realistic.... :D

Or wheel refurbs and a dose of Polybushing for the suspension...

Edited by dimsum

2 new rear Tyres so i could leather the shit out of the ones i have on at the moment.

That,or sell it and put the 500 towards an m5

£500 doesn't do a huge amount on an M5, i've done most of the suspension bushes, tyres and it has the spec i want really.

£500 would possibly get my diff rebuilt with a shorter ratio, which although it doesn't 'need' it, a slightly shorter ratio would make it a little more lively for a 2 tonne car ;)

Replace the leather on my seats. I can, and have, look after my motor but I cannot do anything with seats that are starting to get saggy and worn. Engine (touch wood) is running smoooooooothly. Had both sides resprayed over time. So it would be nice to improve the insides so I can have it for a few more years. Lovely car and id like to keep it that way. Simple but honest improvements. :)

£500 eh?

Well I suppose that I might consider lining the cardboard boxes that my kids sleep in, so that when the winter comes they doin't need their thermal PJ's.

I'd buy my wife that kidney she so deserves. :wink:

and maybe, just maybe, I might consider renting or buying a home instead of squatting :blink:

All in all, I think it's sheer devotion, that they let me run a 540 and make so many sacrifices................ :unsure:

Chris :smile:

But seeing as it's got to be spent on the car, it'd have to be a bluetooth system!!!!! :wink:

Edited by chris 42

On second thoughts, I would probably use it to develop, specially for you oji, a table listing every number between one and about 500,000. next to each number is a reason why each mileage figure is significant in some way. This would ultimately be programmed into your OBC, so at the touch of a button one can have a rolling read-out every mile of why that particlar mileage figure warrants celebration.

for example:

*miss a few*

030287: date of first registration of hippie daves 520i

*miss a few*

062260: It's palindromic

*miss a few*

190394: hippie daves birthday

200394: the day after hippie daves birthday

*miss a few*

532364: hippie daves phone number (its not, before you get any ideas)

and so on and so forth until about

999999: go out and buy a new car FFS!