v8 boy

European GP (contains spoiler)...

And they say F1's exciting again :roll:

No retirements, no crashes, no rain, not much overtaking, just Vettel...

Most boring race of the season no doubt.

Now whens British Touring Cars on :grin:

I had to watch The Simpsons... :smile:

Edited by v8 boy

Yeah but this track has always been boring.

There have been some brilliant races this season. I watched the Canadian GP again a few days ago - the first time ever I've watched a race twice - that's how good it was.

Yeah but this track has always been boring.

There have been some brilliant races this season. I watched the Canadian GP again a few days ago - the first time ever I've watched a race twice - that's how good it was.

Indeed, what a contrast between two weekends!

F1 is potentially viewed as boring because of two things:

A. The need of the director to show the top 3/4 cars constantly.

B. Track design.

There always has been loads of overtaking down the field but we never see it. We had a glimpse of it today with Di Resta.

Track design is key - look at how DRS didn't work well today. Some tracks probably look good on a computer screen but don't work on race days. Trouble is once it's built, it's built. Spa - the grandaddy of racetracks.

Spa - the grandaddy of racetracks.

Amen to that!

Overtake for overtake, I reckon Spa has had the greatest number of top races over the years!

Yeah Valencia has always been an awful track for anything other than a drawn out tactical battle. I think today was probably the best GP I've seen held there, but I didn't really watch it, more daydreamed my way through it and then snapped back to attention when something exciting seemed to be happening. So not all that often ;)

I'm not surprised the race was dull, disappointed though after the incredible season we've had so far.

Still, two weeks from now - Silverstone :)

Edited by John_C

Just watched it this morning on iPlayer as I was away for work yesterday. Wish I hadn't now; two hours of my life I won't get back! Lol!

Shame as the season so far has been gripping. Two of the most exciting races in recent memory - China and Canada. Let's hope this is just a temporary blip. As has already been said, I think Valencia has always been a boring track!

Personally I wouldnt say it's been a gripping season, too much Vettell for that, but there has been some good races.

Anyone else think the new points structure makes it even easier for Vettell to walk it?

Edited by v8 boy

Personally I wouldnt say it's been a gripping season, too much Vettell for that, but there has been some good races.

Anyone else think the new points structure makes it even easier for Vettell to walk it?

Yes, I do too. In any event, apart from driver morale, it's not good for F1 to have a championship title effectively decided less than half-way through a season. They've already practically eradicated all forms of unpredictability from the sport, such as reliability, tyres, fuel stops, etc, that the weather is just about all that's left to put a well-fed cat among very few remaining pigeons. /yawn/ laugh.gif

It seems almost universally acknowledged that rain-soaked Montreal was a gripping race, and is perhaps just the sort of proof that F1 supremo, Bernie Eccythump, could have wished for in view of his earlier, and now ditched(?), proposals to bring in artificial rain during some races. icon_biggrin.gif

I. Agree that it was a boring race. The lesser formula races are mire exciting by far. But sports is much better by far. I think F1 has become over regulated. As mentioned no decisions on tyres fuel and so on.

I think F1 has become over regulated. As mentioned no decisions on tyres fuel and so on.

I suspect that is why Michael Schumacher appears to be underperforming since his return to Formula 1 last year. When he was king of the hill, you had to use your brains as well as raw driving skill - tyre strategy, fuel stops etc. Today's drivers don't have to think as much, therefore a lot of Michael's advantage has been eliminated.

I say bring back all the variables!