MANDER

Inconsiderate Parking

i'm very considerate and i'm noy a middle lane hogger or anything like that BUT i will park in 2 bays and leave as much space as i can whenever i park, there are too many idiots that dont give a fu*k i dont see the problem

people can say what they want and call me whatever its my car and i worked hard for it and look after it.

END OFF and breath :oops:

Dont talk about parking 8)

dont make me take a pic of your parkin :P

i'm very considerate and i'm noy a middle lane hogger or anything like that BUT i will park in 2 bays and leave as much space as i can whenever i park, there are too many idiots that dont give a fu*k i dont see the problem

people can say what they want and call me whatever its my car and i worked hard for it and look after it.

END OFF and breath :oops:

Agreed with above, i make a point of parking as far as i can away from others and taking up 2 spaces as im fed up with other people in cheap rubbish cars treating mine the same way they treat theres.

But i would never ever concider using a disabled parking space - yet it seems there are a fair few ppl who do that dont seem very disabled ( flame suit on ) maybe this system could be improved as having a disabled badge in your car sometimes does not mean you can use it if its ment for other ppl/ reasons.

Reason i say that is i see ppl who seem very able jumping in and out there car quicker than i ever could at times, maybe its not there badge but if so then only use when rqd.

Please note - the driver of the car isn't always the one who is disabled...

Agreed - but then if there not and there on there own should that mean they can still use that space?

Oh yeah, meant to say...

My friend (drives a very mean looking Audi A4 1.8T) love to pull up in to car parks and just take up as many spaces as possible for a laugh. But we only ever do that when there is ample parking.

Most of the time I park a fair distance from the groups of cars at the supermarket. To avoid those who only care about getting as near as possible to the building. They are also the ones who just push the trolley to the side (into cars sometimes) when they are leaving. Notice fewer places making you use a pound coin to get the trolley. Result is car park becomes a trolley dodgem.

Since getting my E39, I also just avoid multistory car parks unless I know for a fact they aren't totally skimping on the width of parking spaces. Pay to park my car and have it dented? No thanks.

Agreed - but then if there not and there on there own should that mean they can still use that space?

But they might be picking up or joining the person with the disability... ya never know. :| May have dropped them off at the entrance of the shop and went off to seek a parking space for example.

But they might be picking up or joining the person with the disability... ya never know. :| May have dropped them off at the entrance of the shop and went off to seek a parking space for example.

Ok thats a very fair point.

I am just being a poop-stiring git. :lol: I know what you are saying and we all know it happens. The problem is... confronting someone about it and then looking like a right dick.

We just have to hope that those with the dda permits are as honest as the rest of us that don't use these allocated parking spaces - of all people, those drivers who are not disabled themselves but care for someone who is should appreciate the importance and proper use of these spaces.

Got no issue with Disabled parking bays at supermarkets but it pisses me off when the blue badge holders park on double yellows blocking access to high street shops for delivery drivers and service personell. If it is OK for the motabillity brigade to park there, then why is it not OK for a normal driver to park there since the purpose of parking restrictions to prevent parked cars from causing an obstruction?

I fail to see why folk who inflict their children upon the general public in supermarkets should be given preferential treatment... I look forward to being challenged at my supermarket for paking in a " Brat" bay.. Perhaps I could argue that since I can't have kids, I was being discriminated against

I've been really surprised at the ..... differing views in this thread, I thought (wrongly) that the vast majority would be on the side of correct parking rules, rather than the 'I'll park how I please' attitude. It apears to be a roughly 50/50 split, perhaps the general public's opinion of BMW drivers isn't too far off the mark :lol::lol::lol:

Ok there are cases of misuse of the blue badge system. I will not deny that and as far as I am concerned any misuse should be dealt with heavily.

My son has asked me in the past if he could use mine. I said no as it is not for him. The rules re misuse state that if found to be used incorrectly then the blue badge can be removed perhaps this should be enforced.

As for parking on yellow lines this is only allowed if there are no lines on the kerb if there are lines on the kerb then we cannot park there either.

As for not being able to park on yellow lines it nay be frustrating for delivery drivers. The allowance was in order that disabled people could have the freedom to shop at other then supermarkets and shopping malls. Most times I and others I know try not to park on yellow lines but sometimes it's not possible as I would not be able to shop if I did not.

Parking on yellow lines is a privilege granted by the council authority, some councils do not allow it and issue tickets as to what you call normal drivers.

I fail to see why folk who inflict their children upon the general public in supermarkets should be given preferential treatment... I look forward to being challenged at my supermarket for paking in a " Brat" bay.. Perhaps I could argue that since I can't have kids, I was being discriminated against

i agree and understand, why should everyone else put up with the harmonic tranquility induced by children in a supermarket and then on top of that let them park closer and in bigger bays

i park in parent children bays all the time and i dont see why i cant, at least the people around me can open their doors fully and i dont have a problem with it.

Simples

Good luck when you find yourself in a situation that requires you to use on of these parking spots, and some 'yoof' in a nice car has taken the spot :)

There are equal arguements for both sides of the story, car parks should simply have requisite sized spaces. There is no excuse then for damaging another vehicle, (because yet again, your struggling in a standard sized space to extract children / the mobility challenged).

If anyone knows of a childminding service available in the Lincoln area, Ill gladly not take my kids to the supermarket ever again ( in reality.. I do it all online for that very reason )

Seems a few people need to put their tar brushes away to, never have I parked blocking traffic, even if it means hauling a wheelchair for a mile, or simply not going to the shop .. .my attitude was pretty selfish as seen above, before we found ourselves in the current ( long term ) situ and had to take the wife out in the car. I wouldn't wish anyone to genuinely need a blue badge ( seems many don't that actually do have it ) ... but seriously ladies !!

ive never parked in disabled bay, im not disabled. quite simple really.

ive parked in a parent and child space, when im with my child (10 month old). straight forward in all honesty.

parking in disabled bays really gets on my tits if the driver or passenger is not disabled.

parent and child im not fussed about, normally always full.

i obey the rules, thing is if you dont, theyre not going to not let you shop there, its all bout the dollars!

Most facilities apportion parking to meet regulations and attract customers.

Question: For all those that do not follow guidelines for parking, if someone offered you parking for £2.50/hour and guaranteed no dents at a supemarket, would you pay?

2.50 an hour? You have to be joking - thats what some places charge and they normally state you leave the vehicle at your own risk. Once you start promising then you need some hefty insurance, otherwise you'll be out of pocket when something does happen.

The dissabled pass lot make me more angry than inconsiderate parkers. They're always bleeting on about how they can't park because someone without a badge has parked across the bay.

Well...what's wrong with pulling up outside the store, dropping of the dissabled passenger and then going to park at the far side of the car park where there are nice big wide bays ??? like the old days, before the EU Nazis made everyone put in dissabled bays.

I'm 6fr 5" and left handed... making me more dissabled than most of those so called dissabled drivers.

Id give you a run for ya money if you pulled into a parent & child bay when i was out shopping with my family & you did not have any children.

have you never tryed to get a baby out of the car in a standard size bay its a nightmare

i could say your discriminating against againts me because your a jaffa ??

The dissabled pass lot make me more angry than inconsiderate parkers. They're always bleeting on about how they can't park because someone without a badge has parked across the bay.

Well...what's wrong with pulling up outside the store, dropping of the dissabled passenger and then going to park at the far side of the car park where there are nice big wide bays ??? like the old days, before the EU Nazis made everyone put in dissabled bays.

I'm 6fr 5" and left handed... making me more dissabled than most of those so called dissabled drivers.

My father is disabled & goes out by himself in the car so how is he supposed to drop himeself off outside the shops & park the car in a disabled bay or whatever & dont give me the left handed bollox i am a lefty also & life is as hard as you make it for yourself

Disabled drivers can park where they like aslong as they do not cause a major obstruction & there blue badge is displayed in full they can even park on yellow lines :D

Id give you a run for ya money if you pulled into a parent & child bay when i was out shopping with my family & you did not have any children.

have you never tryed to get a baby out of the car in a standard size bay its a nightmare

i could say your discriminating against againts me because your a jaffa ??

Hmmm... And you'd be told to mind your own business.

Why you would feel it important to take your entire family to a supermarket is beyond me, it only takes one to push a blooming trolly. Even less do I understand why other drivers should be made to be felt less important than some happy shining couple with their screaming brats, blocking up the isles and fingering the produce with fingers freshly drawn from noses. You chose to have kids and therefore accept the problems of having kids. Why should the rest of us have to make consessions for your personal choice? ....... I'll continue to park in the Brat bays thanks

Mind my own business? bay's are there for a reason I didnt ask for them to be put there but cheers anyway :lol:

One my daughter does not scream in the isles or finger the produce so i dont know where you live or what kind of scum go to your supermarket but dont tar all kids with the same brush thanks!

Problems of having kid's? It's the best thing i ever did mate, to watch something grow & become a better person because of the things i teach her best feeling in the world mate :D

If going to the supermarket is such a problem for you why dont you order your shopping online? that way the only you will have to complain about is that fact that your weeks shopping has a 2 day shelf life but hey at lest you dont have to witness sereaming brat's eh

Mander thread :roll: & am getting myself in trouble again :lol: :lol:

Yep, the bays are there for a reason.... So that I can park my car without folk opening their car doors and hitting my car... Folk with sprogs are not special and therefore need no special treatment. I am just as entitled to park in such a bay as you are... What is the supermarket going to do? Will I be banned from Sainsburys? Will my registration number be on the Morrisons black list? Will I be ignored at the deli counter? Pah!

I'm very glad to learn that your kids never pick their noses... :lol:

Mander, I don't know how you do it with these threads but they're rather good. :lol:

Best get out of here before I p1ss myself as that's what noughty boys do in pools :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and most likely be sat in the tub with a beer or two.....

Mander, I don't know how you do it with these threads but they're rather good. :lol:

Best get out of here before I p1ss myself as that's what noughty boys do in pools :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and most likely be sat in the tub with a beer or two.....

Ray, whenever you mention your tub, I get the picture in my mind of Lee Majors playing the Fall Guy. In the title sequence he sits in a hot tub with a cowboy hat on and a cigar in his mouth with a beer in his hand... :D

Ah.. My mistake, just found it on youtube and he doesn't have a hat or a beer but he does have a rubber duck...... :lol:

I work for Bal, He has been in and out of work today playing snooker next door.

Why am i posting this? Customers have been moaning at me all day today because of his parking skills.

Bal this is how i'm getting back at you ! Enjoy guys