mne666

Show me your lowered e39....

What sort of price are we looking at for BC Coilovers ?

I'm a bit worried I'm gonna have issues running 19" with 10" wide rears with my current set up of eibach pro kit with standard dampers (I hope I'm wrong)

£750 ish is the going rate new with extenders i`ll be fitting mine soon when we get better weather.

Haha, i think the weather dictates most modifications and repairs doesnt it?

Also, it would be cool if you can take some pictures!

Edited by e39_nurburg

DSC_9600-1.jpg

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I love that effect!! Is that done with a mental camera or are you a dab hand in Photoshop? If its a Photoshopped, would you mind letting me know briefly how it was done?Staff

540i sport, 18" Alpinas with Apex lowering springs, actually tempted to swap for some regular sport suspension and get the standard height back!

IMAG0143_zpsf2383b60.jpg

IMAG0145_zpsea043382.jpg

Guest beeuneeq

Hi Guys

Got a E39 530dMSport - I was sold a Eibach PRO KIT set of Lowering Springs by HEL which are on the car but shouldn't be!

Been conversing with Eibach and they don't make ANY Lowering Springs for 530d MSports ONLY the 530d so will be getting 

them changed by HEL soon hopefully but...

Can anyone recommend a Manufacturer for a set of 40mm Lowering Springs for a 530d MSport

I now have for SALE a set of Original BMW MSport Springs (Rears were new as of July 2012)

Thanks

Hi,

The difference between an E39 non sport and sport is just the trim and some styling options. The oem M sport springs you had on the car were 15mm lower than the standard SE ones. All the lowering springs you see listed for sale usually mention a lowering from the SE ride height, not the sport. If you want to go 40mm lower than the Sport suspension your car came with, that's 55mm lower than a standard E39. You'll need to look for 50-60mm lowering springs and use those. That's also quite low and nowadays, the easy way around is to use coilover suspension, so you can adjust ride height whenever you like. If you really wish to stick to springs, if you can't find any reputable high end/quality brands like Eibach, then you could have a set of springs made up to your spec from the likes of D Faulkner springs. 

Cheers, Dennis!

Guest beeuneeq

Hi Dennis

Thanks for the info - its Appreciated.

FYI I have an email from my contact at Eibach who says the PRO KIT and the SPORTLINE don't fit to a BMW 530d MSport and they don't make any springs for this model.

I was misold them by HEL Performance! i have new Shocks so Coil Overs aren't an option.

Thanks again.

Hi,

Interesting info there!  It's been ages since looking at suspension like this for me, but I'm wondering just why the Eibach kits aren't listed/fit for the E39 Sport models? There's only the ride height difference between a Sport and SE with regards to suspension, all the other differences are cosmetic. 

If you don't find any springs listed, you'll need to have a set made up from d faulkner - http://www.dfaulknersprings.com/index.htm

Cheers, Dennis!

Guest beeuneeq

Hey Dennis

Thanks for the link!

The guy from Eibach says...

"As you have an M Sport the Pro Kit does not work with the dampers originally supplied with your car.

There is a note to this effect associated with the kit E2069-140 which says â€œNot lowered by manufacturerâ€. 

This is the case with all M Sport equipped cars on the E39 chassis I’m afraid.

Unfortunately the SPORTLINE kit does not cover your engine variant either due to the front axle load.

It covers the 520d but not the 530d. Sorry but there is not a spring kit we can offer you on the 530d M Sport."

Hey Dennis

Thanks for the link!

The guy from Eibach says...

"As you have an M Sport the Pro Kit does not work with the dampers originally supplied with your car.

There is a note to this effect associated with the kit E2069-140 which says “Not lowered by manufacturerâ€.

This is the case with all M Sport equipped cars on the E39 chassis I’m afraid.

Unfortunately the SPORTLINE kit does not cover your engine variant either due to the front axle load.

It covers the 520d but not the 530d. Sorry but there is not a spring kit we can offer you on the 530d M Sport."

Oh dear:-(

Can anyone recommend how to drop a 530d sport then? I like the handling, want a 30-40mm drop for cosmetics with original dampers, I wanted eibach really, but the m57 is a heavy engine. Surely if they do kits for v8's they can do them for the 530d?

Gutted now :-(