Splondike

Splondike's M535i Project

I am going with some NA tuning at a later date Steve, something along the lines of what Alpina did, so cam and head work, ecu and breathing.  I have pulled parts together in that regard.  But lots to do before I worry about that !

Think ive posted on this thread three times in three years, so in keeping with the pattern....

Eh.... keep up the good work mate youll get there!

Well, I have managed to do spend some time on the BMW using up a couple of days holiday from last year.  Got the rear lights fitted and been busy swapping the brown for the black interior parts.   I have now painted the floor with a couple of coats of por15 and put some dynamat material in and re-fitted the carpet today, I even have a decent seat in it so it won't be an uncomfortable bastard to drive now :)

Stripping out
P1130255.JPG

Re-fitting
P1130349.JPG

Starting to feel a bit more homely in there
P1130345.JPGP1130347.JPG

Finally a piccie at the venue for the April Kent meet.
P1130339.JPG

I will hopefully make some more progress this weekend if the weather holds.

Annually is about right for progress Matt :)

On 07/03/2015 at 9:11 AM, andy_ran said:

If you need a hand with her let me know :)

Cheers Andy, will do.  Most of it is just finding the time to get it sorted.

Did a bit more today between other things as the weather was good.  Got all the belts fitted, B pillar trims, consoles, door tops and front seats.

Oh and the shagging blind

P1130354.JPG

One seat in.

P1130352.JPG

Consoles and other front seat in.

P1130356.JPG

Hopefully I will get the interior all in place tomorrow so I can wire in the gauges and the radio etc.

Thanks :)  I almost have the rears in too, but it was a bit dark for piccies, will finish them off tomorrow.

Cheers chaps :)

Whaaat! Didnt know you had those seats, look very nice.

I wanted some BMW recaros for a while and these popped up in Alpina cloth, I thought about retrimming a rear bench in the cloth to match but it's no longer available.  So I decided to get them re-trimmed in pearl beige which was the original colour of the trim in the car.  John at Bespoke Leathering did them for me and now I have them in the car I am pleased I went back to the original scheme as it's a nice contrast with the dark green.  The only thing I have changed from original is the dark carpet and black consoles etc as I like the contrast and was never that keen on the brown dash, door caps etc. 

Cheers Andy.

Today I built up the doorcards and got the rear seats in.

P1130359.JPGP1130360.JPG

Need to get the rear headrests in but the little plastic trims from the parcel shelf are missing (probably lost where it got painted like a few other things I am still yet to replace).  I need to wire up the stereo and gauges and book the window fitter this week.  May take the borbets to get re-furbed too if time allows.

I havent been on here for ages. This car has come along since I was last on here  :cool:

My annual check of the Splondike thread: check

Not far behind you!

That is looking stunning Mark :cool: :cool: :cool:

Fine project and fine work, looking great now and must be nearing the end.................

Cheers chaps.  Yes getting there Keith :) Just taking me ages due to having three kids and a busy job so squeezing in time on the car can be difficult.