jag530isport

E39 Imola Red & Numbers Produced

I think this is pointless now as it's getting away from the question of how many are there left? So, I'll just bow out now.

At least this was useful in this thread:

imolasport said:

yep here you go...

520i Sp Sal 8

520iA Sp Sal 6

525d Sp Sal 12

525dA Sp Sal 7

525i Sp Sal 18

525iA Sp Sal 45

528i Sp Sal 20

528iA Sp Sal 58

530d Sp Sal 6

530dA Sp Sal 39

530i Sp Sal 19

530iA Sp Sal 90

535i Sp Sal 1

535iA Sp Sal 22

540i Sp Sal 2

540iA Sp Sal 15

M5 Saloon 31

Grand Total 399

So, I at least know it's one of the original 22, but I imagine by now that number will have reduced significantly.

Edited by thedocACSV8

6 hours ago, thedocACSV8 said:

Well, they are a styling house, they design and manufacture bespoke body kits and rims. But obviously if you hate that style, you don't buy it! As for the “Ripspeed under a fiver section”, if you look at the prices of their products you will see how expensive they are when new.

True enough 

which is the perfect analogy that expense cannot buy taste 

Hi the DocACSV8,

As stated previously, the only place that'll know will be BMW themselves. However, that won't be 100% accurate if AC Schnitzer themselves now don't hold historic data on how many cars they made with the official model designation. AC Schnitzer were a racing team with BMW's and made products for road cars and have very close links to BMW's R&D department as they develop their products with them. All the people 'claiming' they have an E39 'M Sport' in the UK are wrong, both deliberately and unintentionally such is the power of internet forum and facebook misinformation. There's lots of similar when it comes to our cars, the vast majority who want to change their trim sets for instance want 'Piano Black' ones, which don't exist as OEM from BMW. They were High Gloss Black as the official name and are also a metallic finish and not plain black like a true Piano black would be. However many times someone will say 'it's high gloss black' - another mention of it will say 'piano black wanted for an E39' and thus, it's the same with 'M Sport' for the E39 in the UK, BMW never called UK E39's M Sport. 

Like the other high end BMW tuners - Hartge, Racing Dynamics, Hamann, Breyton and to an extent Alpina, each has various 'styling' options which look fantastic and others which ...  don't. For instance the ACS front 'flippers' and the Lattice grille I don't think look good, but other ACS items I think do. It's the same with the other brands items as well and why I've cherry picked the items from them all that I like. 

Cheers, Dennis!

1 hour ago, DennisCooper said:

Hi the DocACSV8,

As stated previously, the only place that'll know will be BMW themselves. However, that won't be 100% accurate if AC Schnitzer themselves now don't hold historic data on how many cars they made with the official model designation. AC Schnitzer were a racing team with BMW's and made products for road cars and have very close links to BMW's R&D department as they develop their products with them. All the people 'claiming' they have an E39 'M Sport' in the UK are wrong, both deliberately and unintentionally such is the power of internet forum and facebook misinformation. There's lots of similar when it comes to our cars, the vast majority who want to change their trim sets for instance want 'Piano Black' ones, which don't exist as OEM from BMW. They were High Gloss Black as the official name and are also a metallic finish and not plain black like a true Piano black would be. However many times someone will say 'it's high gloss black' - another mention of it will say 'piano black wanted for an E39' and thus, it's the same with 'M Sport' for the E39 in the UK, BMW never called UK E39's M Sport. 

Like the other high end BMW tuners - Hartge, Racing Dynamics, Hamann, Breyton and to an extent Alpina, each has various 'styling' options which look fantastic and others which ...  don't. For instance the ACS front 'flippers' and the Lattice grille I don't think look good, but other ACS items I think do. It's the same with the other brands items as well and why I've cherry picked the items from them all that I like. 

Cheers, Dennis!

I've just looked at my portfolio (that includes the name & addresses of all previous keepers), which I stuck in the cupboard when I bought the car, and when I got the V5C back with me as the registered keeper, I just bunged it in the folder without really looking at it too much. In the vehicle history and provenance I noticed on the original bill of sale in the options section that one of the selected options was the "M pack accessory kit!" Make of that what you will? Also "full" ACS body kit, rims, exhaust & suspension for the 535i auto sport (which never included the M5 rear under floor wing for the twin exhaust and half rear spare wheel-well modification, because mine doesn't have that facility), so it's a single exhaust only with a standard Sport rear diffuser in plain black plastic. LoL! 

That was ACS :

front lower grill

flippers

fog lamp blanks

door mirrors

rear window deflector

boot lid spoiler

side skirts

rims

exhaust

suspension

ECU (management).

No ACS crap E39 sat nav. ! lol

Vehicle designation: ACS5/535i Auto Sport.

Cheers, best wishes!

That's all very interesting but when you joined the forum you said...

On 08/11/2014 at 00:10, thedocACSV8 said:

hi there!   ...I'd like to fit some more ACS stuff e.g. side skirts, boot lid spoiler, front splitters, exhaust, ECU.

So which is true, what you said above which I've quoted from your post when you joined the forum, or what you are saying now that it was fitted from new?

It can't be both.

Edited by sharkfan

8 hours ago, thedocACSV8 said:

I've just looked at my portfolio (that includes the name & addresses of all previous keepers), which I stuck in the cupboard when I bought the car, and when I got the V5C back with me as the registered keeper, I just bunged it in the folder without really looking at it too much. In the vehicle history and provenance I noticed on the original bill of sale in the options section that one of the selected options was the "M pack accessory kit!" Make of that what you will? Also "full" ACS body kit, rims, exhaust & suspension for the 535i auto sport (which never included the M5 rear under floor wing for the twin exhaust and half rear spare wheel-well modification, because mine doesn't have that facility), so it's a single exhaust only with a standard Sport rear diffuser in plain black plastic. LoL! 

That was ACS :

front lower grill

flippers

fog lamp blanks

door mirrors

rear window deflector

boot lid spoiler

side skirts

rims

exhaust

suspension

ECU (management).

No ACS crap E39 sat nav. ! lol

Vehicle designation: ACS5/535i Auto Sport.

Cheers, best wishes!

The 'Options' codes may have that description 'M Pack Accessory Kit' (which incidentally is different to 'M Sport'), but it's not what the 'model' is called! BMW did not name any E39's for the UK market as 'M Sport' models

As you haven't been able to confirm if it's a fully converted ACS5 model, I'd suspect your car is actually a 535i in Imola Red onto which a previous owner purchased (lots of) ACS items and had them fitted. Seems that over the years and ownership, some items were taken off again and hence why you want to buy items to fit back/include. 

GPS solution - It was a system made by VDO Dayton, not 'tomtom'.

ACSsatnav3.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=
ACSsatnav5.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=

Ractrack Suspension option - this is an option on a friends E39 M5

DSC04107.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
DSC04106.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

I've wanted a set of the Type 2 19" Racing wheels that you have on your car for a few years now. E39 fitment ones are very very rare and there's a significant number of owners who are highly keen on buying a set ! These wheels are still on my list to have for my collection, but I've recently purchased a few other sets I've always wanted ! I had my ACS mirrors on from around 2008 to 2019, I really liked how they looked! I love the digital display ACS manual gearknob  I fitted a couple years back!  I don't think there's anything else from ACS for the E39 that I want on my car, other brand products are on (or in my goodies storage or will be sourced!)

Cheers, Dennis!

23 hours ago, sharkfan said:

That's all very interesting but when you joined the forum you said...

So which is true, what you said above which I've quoted from your post when you joined the forum, or what you are saying now that it was fitted from new?

It can't be both.

It's simply, those parts that were fitted from new have either worn out, broken or a previous owner didn't like a particular mod. and so they decided to remove something to suit their personal preferences and at the time I wrote that I was firmly in favour of putting it back the way it was originally according to the bill of sale; simple when you think about it and use your brains. Thanks for your insinuation that I am a liar!

16 hours ago, DennisCooper said:

The 'Options' codes may have that description 'M Pack Accessory Kit' (which incidentally is different to 'M Sport'), but it's not what the 'model' is called! BMW did not name any E39's for the UK market as 'M Sport' models

As you haven't been able to confirm if it's a fully converted ACS5 model, I'd suspect your car is actually a 535i in Imola Red onto which a previous owner purchased (lots of) ACS items and had them fitted. Seems that over the years and ownership, some items were taken off again and hence why you want to buy items to fit back/include. 

ACSsatnav3.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=
ACSsatnav5.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=

Ractrack Suspension option - this is an option on a friends E39 M5

DSC04107.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
DSC04106.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

I've wanted a set of the Type 2 19" Racing wheels that you have on your car for a few years now. E39 fitment ones are very very rare and there's a significant number of owners who are highly keen on buying a set ! These wheels are still on my list to have for my collection, but I've recently purchased a few other sets I've always wanted ! I had my ACS mirrors on from around 2008 to 2019, I really liked how they looked! I love the digital display ACS manual gearknob  I fitted a couple years back!  I don't think there's anything else from ACS for the E39 that I want on my car, other brand products are on (or in my goodies storage or will be sourced!)

Cheers, Dennis!

The 'Options' codes may have that description 'M Pack Accessory Kit' (which incidentally is different to 'M Sport'), but it's not what the 'model' is called! BMW did not name any E39's for the UK market as 'M Sport' models.

Well, I don’t care, the 'M Pack Accessory Kit' was there at the time, and I fully accept there may not have been an ‘M Sport’ designation. My V5C doesn’t say ‘M’, it says: “ACS5/535i Auto Sport”, no mention of ‘M’ at all on the V5C, just 'M Pack Accessory Kit' on the bill of sale.

Yes, it's simply, those parts that were fitted from new have either worn out, broken or a previous owner didn't like a particular mod. and so they decided to remove something to suit their personal preferences, and at the time I wrote that statement I was firmly in favour of putting it back the way it was originally according to the bill of sale.

Thanks for correcting me!

Racetrack Suspension option - this is an option on a friends E39 M5

Thanks for the info!

I've wanted a set of the Type 2 19" Racing wheels that you have on your car for a few years now. E39 fitment ones are very very rare and there's a significant number of owners who are highly keen on buying a set!

I know!

I love the digital display ACS manual gear knob I fitted a couple years back!  Cheers, Dennis!

I didn’t even realise there was a manual ACS gear knob, I never investigated that because mine is an auto box.

Best Wishes.

32 minutes ago, thedocACSV8 said:

It's simply, those parts that were fitted from new have either worn out, broken or a previous owner didn't like a particular mod. and so they decided to remove something to suit their personal preferences and at the time I wrote that I was firmly in favour of putting it back the way it was originally according to the bill of sale; simple when you think about it and use your brains. Thanks for your insinuation that I am a liar!

Except you said (and I've highlighted the bit that debunks your latest explanation)...

On 08/11/2014 at 00:10, thedocACSV8 said:

hi there!   ...I'd like to fit some more ACS stuff e.g. side skirts, boot lid spoiler, front splitters, exhaust, ECU.

Like I said earlier, fitted from new, or some of the more items you stated you wanted to fit - if they had been broken one or more of your very detailed posts would have mentioned it I think; it can't be both.

58 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

Except you said (and I've highlighted the bit that debunks your latest explanation)...

Like I said earlier, fitted from new, or some of the more items you stated you wanted to fit - if they had been broken one or more of your very detailed posts would have mentioned it I think; it can't be both.

I have offered my explanation to you, I didn't think anyone would pull me up on it after all these years. On reflection, I probably didn't word it perfectly. When I said more, I of course take this opportunity to correct the statement because I didn't realise this was going to turn into a witch hunt! Should have read: "put back" items that have gone missing over the years. But I just said: more ACS stuff, I didn't think it mattered if I said: "fit more" OR "replace missing items". Too pedantic for my liking and it really is irrelevant these days. I apologise for not giving a perfect account of my request back then. Amounts to the same thing anyway: "fit more ACS stuff"/"put back missing ACS", either way still amounts to an accumulation of ACS artifacts.

5 hours ago, alpinaman said:

So 

it says ACS5 on your V5  ? 

any pics ? 

Really, this witch hunt is getting ridiculous now! I could say "get lost, that's my private business!" what a cheek! But I guess it's OK as long as you don't mind private and sensitive details being "censored" (e.g. names/addresses). If you do mind(?) TOUGH TITY! I bet know one else has ever been asked to supply proof like this? So, who else is going to put up their private documents on a public forum - without censoring it first?

V5C 2b.jpg

Edited by thedocACSV8

5 minutes ago, thedocACSV8 said:

Really, this witch hunt is getting ridiculous now! I could say "get lost, that's my private business!" what a cheek! But I guess it's OK as long as you don't mind private and sensitive details being "censored" (e.g. names/addresses). If you do mind(?) TOUGH TITY! I bet know one else has ever been asked to supply proof like this? So, who else is going to put up their private documents on a public forum - without censoring it first?

V5C 2b.jpg

Well maybe it's time to start with your own attitude. Some how you all time manage to ask questions, but then right after start to fight against the answers, because you don't like them. They might be correct, but just because you don't like them you try to make them fail. And in the end when you realise that actually you can't prove opposite, because you are wrong, you start to act Mr abused one.

Not the best way how to expect good reputation from other members. Even if you're an owner of rotten sill AC shnitzer.  

4 hours ago, Ray112 said:

Have you finally started engine, or still thinking and overthinking how best to do it?

No! I haven't started it yet. Because of help being in short supply for my disability and now less daylight is playing its part and so is the cold weather too! I only have a few hours per week to devote to the vehicle unfortunately. I have however continued to obtain a steady supplies of parts and liquids and begun to replace the oil & filter, old fuel filter/old fuel, coolant. PSF & brake fluid etc. Looked for worn bushes and examined old rubber hoses etc. I believe I have mentioned in my posts(?) that I have now discovered structural weakness in the sills that would cause an MOT failure! So, I am sending the old girl to a garage that I have dealt with for years now, to have the sills done + any essential maintenance + leather rejuvenation + full top valet/ceramic coating. They insist on checking the engine over before starting it up, things like the timing chain,  belts etc. I am basically using all my spare time at the minute and this forum is becoming a bit difficult to fit in sometimes, but thank you for your interest! Sometimes I just need to ask about something that I can't figure out myself. Cheers!

11 minutes ago, Ray112 said:

Well maybe it's time to start with your own attitude. Some how you all time manage to ask questions, but then right after start to fight against the answers, because you don't like them. They might be correct, but just because you don't like them you try to make them fail. And in the end when you realise that actually you can't prove opposite, because you are wrong, you start to act Mr abused one.

Not the best way how to expect good reputation from other members. Even if you're an owner of rotten sill AC shnitzer.  

I have obtained good information on hear from members and said thank you/cheers etc! I appreciate the good information I have been given on general maintenance issues. I don't know what childish insinuation you are inferring with this message though: "rotten sill ACS"? As i;ve said I intend to get them replaced so that it will pass an MOT and be as good as any other E39 out there.

3 minutes ago, thedocACSV8 said:

I have obtained good information on hear from members and said thank you/cheers etc! I appreciate the good information I have been given on general maintenance issues. I don't know what childish insinuation you are inferring with this message though: "rotten sill ACS"? As i;ve said I intend to get them replaced so that it will pass an MOT and be as good as any other E39 out there.

Im just landing you back to reality. All time you mentioned ACS parts on car, that it's 1 of 22 only , that it's special m pack model and so on. But currently it's a non runner, with rotten sills. So words can say a lot, sometimes right sometimes wrong, but facts speak for themselves. 7 years old pictures of it's glory times doesn't really match  current condition does it? 

Thank you to everyone for their hep and advice on this thread, but I really must bow out now and stick to other threads on general maintenance issues. I feel this thread has no more merit for me personally, I think it may have become a little off topic i.e. "how many are there left /numbers produced"? As that question cannot be answered there is no point in continuing to answer many other silly questions and interrogations, like it's some sort of police investigation. So, really, I have no more to say 'here'. OK? Cheers! Best Wishes.

3 minutes ago, Ray112 said:

Im just landing you back to reality. All time you mentioned ACS parts on car, that it's 1 of 22 only , that it's special m pack model and so on. But currently it's a non runner, with rotten sills. So words can say a lot, sometimes right sometimes wrong, but facts speak for themselves. 7 years old pictures of it's glory times doesn't really match  current condition does it? 

Well I'm sorry, the facts speak for themselves. IT IS:

according to information from someone else in this thread: "1 of 22" as I have said already Imola red for my model (not my info. but one of your fellow members).

It does have an M pack accessory kit in the original bill of sale.

It is a V8.

It is a Sport model.

It does have ACS embellishments.

It does say: ACS5 on V5C document.

It does have rotten sills yes! But as I have said already: the car is being recommissioned littie by little, a stage at a time, why can't you understand that?

What is your point please? And no I am not going to provide proof of the original bill of sale, I am not telling you who the previous owners were, I am not providing current pictures and I am not going to provide pictures when she is fully recommissioned and 'back to her best'; why should I when all I'm getting is suspicion and derision from people like  you.

Thank you to everyone else for their help and advice on this thread, but I really must bow out now and stick to other threads on general maintenance issues. I feel this thread has no more merit for me personally, I think it may have become a little off topic i.e. "how many are there left /numbers produced"? As that question cannot be answered there is no point in continuing to answer many other silly questions and interrogations, like it's some sort of police investigation. So, really, I have no more to say 'here'. OK? Cheers! Best Wishes. Take care.

NB: I feel this has gone far enough, way beyond any reasonable discussion, for a forum like this! There are a lot of good helpful people on here with good hearts and I want to confide in those people who have a genuine interest in my car and myself. I would just like to say that in my continued deteriorating health and disability I have been forced to surrender my larger home with bespoke garage/workshop & shed, due to having had to give up work and accept minimal disability state benefits instead; this has lead to me having to move to a smaller property with no garage/shed and only a tiny private front driveway! This outside working situation is subject to freezing cold weather and long dark nights! So this limits me to the amount of time I can actually spend on the vehicle now. I decided I cannot see this vehicle descend into a pile of scrap/rust, and so I have begun the recommissioning of the vehicle to an excellent standard of repair/maintenance! My goal is to restore this vehicle before I die, having been given a finite life span by the doctors! If I die in the process, at least I tried my best! Even bare bones shell, nuts & bolts, ground up full restorations can take up to three years to complete depending on worldwide parts sourcing and availability. So, when people say: "haven't you even got it started yet?", I say to them: patience is a virtue! As for 'the sills', it's not going to be a cheap 'bodge up'! i.e. NO mesh & body filler, glass fibre & resin, NO 'tack over, tin welding' to disguise rust either, ONLY a 'full on' new 'flush fitting' proper metal restoration, so that it is totally indistinguishable from the original metal work! And the same goes for everything else on the car; e.g. replacing ALL the under body & wheel arch liner clips and captive threads (most are missing anyway), probably due to garage incompetence (?) in the past. No garage takes care of your 'pride and joy' like you do! I am going pretty 'anal' on this build. Nothing else left to live for! Cheers!

A big sincere and warm hearted thank you to everyone who has helped me WITHOUT any sarcasm, suspicion or derision! My heart felt gratitude goes out to you now!

best wishes,

take care,

Amen.