jag530isport

E39 Imola Red & Numbers Produced

Hi guys,

Is there anyway of finding out how many E39 Imola Reds were produced. I have a 530i sport in Imloa Red and I keep hearing it's a rare colour, would just be intersted to know how many where actually produced. What engine variants they did them in and numbers produced of each, if that makes any sense!

I think someone on here knows the total number made in Imola so if you hold on you may find out on here. I don't know whether even BMW would be able to break it down into individual models though.

You can also email BMW through their website, I did that to see how many Dakar Yellow E39s were produced for the uk, took a few days but I got this reply:

"Thank you for your email enquiry to BMW Customer Information and for your patience in awaiting our response.

I have received the appropriate information from our colleagues in Germany which shows that for the year 2000, 2 vehicles were built in Dakar Yellow and 1 was built in 2001 - this makes a total of 3 E39s built in the Individual Shade 337 Dakar Yellow II for the UK.

I trust this guidance is useful but please do not hesitate to contact me should you have further queries."

I had one of those 528i Sport Autos in Imola.

It now lives in Dundee

yep here you go

520i Sp Sal 8

520iA Sp Sal 6

525d Sp Sal 12

525dA Sp Sal 7

525i Sp Sal 18

525iA Sp Sal 45

528i Sp Sal 20

528iA Sp Sal 58

530d Sp Sal 6

530dA Sp Sal 39

530i Sp Sal 19

530iA Sp Sal 90

535i Sp Sal 1

535iA Sp Sal 22

540i Sp Sal 2

540iA Sp Sal 15

M5 Saloon 31

Grand Total 399

Mike, where did you get the numbers mate? Would be interested to know how many champagnes were made.

BMW I sure BMW ony made 50 of those

Oh right, i thought there were about 400! Maybe that was Champagne 1's? Apparently there was an article on BMW car last month on Aegean Blues and Champagne 2's. A kind gent on another forum has offered to scan it in and send it on so that may shed some more light on it.

Sorry Gaz............... :wink:

While we are at it what's the difference between the Champagne 1 and 11 edition. I have a Sapphire sport with Champagne leather how do I know if it is a special edition or not??

Think all champagnes have individual on the chassis tag,and individual sill plates...

Extended leather to IIRC..

Im sure someone more knowledgable will be along to explain differences..

Champagne 1 had the individual sill plates, champagne II doesnt, but yes it will say individual on the suspension turret.

Champagne 1 had leccy seats, champagne II got Xenons instead. According to BMW Car magazine the Champ1 has the Mk3 sat nav, Champ II ha sthe later DVD based Mk4 sat Nav.

Probably other things as well.

I think someone on here knows the total number made in Imola so if you hold on you may find out on here. I don't know whether even BMW would be able to break it down into individual models though.

You can also email BMW through their website, I did that to see how many Dakar Yellow E39s were produced for the uk, took a few days but I got this reply:

"Thank you for your email enquiry to BMW Customer Information and for your patience in awaiting our response.

I have received the appropriate information from our colleagues in Germany which shows that for the year 2000, 2 vehicles were built in Dakar Yellow and 1 was built in 2001 - this makes a total of 3 E39s built in the Individual Shade 337 Dakar Yellow II for the UK.

I trust this guidance is useful but please do not hesitate to contact me should you have further queries."

Would have been nice to know what engine these yellow cars had.

Would have been nice to know what engine these yellow cars had.

Yes it would, especially as I would like to own one of them one day. Should I email BMW back and ask if they can tell me what models these three cars were?

How did someone get a breakdown of all the Imola cars by model? I presume either the info was published somewhere or else someone asked BMW nicely and they obliged.

There seems to be no mention of tourings in the list of Imola cars though?

Should I email BMW back and ask if they can tell me what models these three cars were?

Yep. I cannot go to my grave without knowing this information.

yep here you go

520i Sp Sal 8

520iA Sp Sal 6

525d Sp Sal 12

525dA Sp Sal 7

525i Sp Sal 18

525iA Sp Sal 45

528i Sp Sal 20

528iA Sp Sal 58

530d Sp Sal 6

530dA Sp Sal 39

530i Sp Sal 19

530iA Sp Sal 90

535i Sp Sal 1

535iA Sp Sal 22

540i Sp Sal 2

540iA Sp Sal 15

M5 Saloon 31

Grand Total 399

If anyone sees one of the two manual 540's for sale then let me know.

I'd be drooling like Gaz over Nigella Lawson's pudding.

well i've got one of the 31 Imola M5,s.

It originally came from Scotland and now lives in Kent.

I knew the colour was quite rare but its nice to know there were only 31 in the country, I wonder if all 31 are still on the road?