Sign in to follow this  
merse

Electric folding mirrors

Morning all :)

I've searched to see if this question has already been asked but have found nothing...

I have my beauftiful new 520d M Sport which has electric folding mirrors - the button next to the electric mirror controls works fine to fold them in but is there a way to link the folding to the locking / unlocking of the car via the keyfob?

Sorry if this has been asked before and my search skills are lacking!

Best regards,

merse

Hmm, I'm sure this can be done. Something to do with the looming.

Try fiddling with the idrive under vehicle settings.

You could also call mstyle.co.uk too and adk them to see how its done

Thanks, I've been through the idrive loads so I'll get a second pair of eyes on it to see if I'm blind to it!

Will look into the mstyle.co.uk option too, nice one :)

Thing is, it was delivered to me and I'm positive the driver unlocked the car and the mirrors folded out - I had assumed it was obviously the default behaviour so never thought to ask... I've tried all many of permutations with the key fob too now but alas no...

Cheers,

merse

You need to get your key programed by your bmw dealer. I had it done to my car and it cost me about £50.

+1

Morning all :)

I've searched to see if this question has already been asked but have found nothing...

I have my beauftiful new 520d M Sport which has electric folding mirrors - the button next to the electric mirror controls works fine to fold them in but is there a way to link the folding to the locking / unlocking of the car via the keyfob?

Sorry if this has been asked before and my search skills are lacking!

Best regards,

merse

had my key programmed by dealer too. then when locking keep the lock button pressed for about 3 seconds, they ill fold auto

Went to get it done but the dealer said they have to do a full software upgrade on the car before they can do it - would have been nice if they'd supplied it up to date at new I said! So booked in to have that done soon...

They're going to give me a list of all the other dealer programmable features too, interested to see if there's anything else of use they can do while they're at it...!

Thanks for the help chaps :)

merse