jerry528

My E39 528 Sport - Car Now Sold

Picked the wheels up today from the Powdercoaters, very impressed with the job they have done, just spent the last 2 hours cleaning them and coating them in collinite 845 and fk1000 that should keep them looking good

Might hold off fitting them until this sh1t weather passes

Hoping to get pics up at the weekend once the wheels are on and the armrest fitted abd the car cleaned

Digital tuner turned up this morning so that was fitted and all working so happy with that

Finally got round to getting the refurbished wheels on today, but of a difference from the M Para's which I was after, think I'm going to get 10mm spacers for the rear

Also just about to order a front lip from a gut who makes them in America so that should be the look complete

2411C60E-6607-41A1-A714-B23D89B1A939-421

F21BBA37-4A70-4DA9-A569-767D913C8280-421

E6BF2CF5-7BD6-4C58-96C9-09DE17519F73-421

46F57757-566B-40FE-8A46-B9CF828535AB-421

4FF0384F-7131-481B-B148-D9FAB7A7966E-421

That looks bloody awesome Jerry!!! :mrgreen:  Those wheels really suit the car.

p.s. Ric says can he have his car back now???? lol as I just showed him this

Edited by GStarrr

Cheers Greig, was worried it wasnt gonna look right and after the first look I wasn't sure but I'm pretty pleased with how it's looking now

Tell Ric no chance but I did tell him I would look after it haha

Bought a leather armrest from Jimmy and sent it away to John at Bespoke Leathering to be retrimmed and grey stitching added to go with my steering wheel and also my handbrake and gear gaiters

I asked John to add some padding to the armrest and this is the end result

I've had few bits retrimmed by John and his work is first class

761E16A2-5023-4905-9D79-56EBA6D95D55-794

D608CD91-0AC2-4A23-8FB5-FC61064582F9-794

4B991A2A-132C-48AC-9382-D2DB2ACB21AC-794

2417852F-72FD-446E-A601-DD4D7AE33F4E-794

Also made a start to my new grill, adding 2 bass ports to existing grill, some will like some might not but I think it will look good

0307BD2A-37CD-49E5-983E-2E9A76F95EA9-794

10mm wheel spacers arrived today for my rear wheels, was going to put them in today but noticed some rusty coloured marked around the hub and it looks terrible so if the weather stays dry I will get them painted and freshened up at the weekend and get the spacers fitted

Went for H&R 10mm hubcentric spacers to match the ones on the front

As has been said many times Jerry, your car is a credit to your passion for that fantastic E39

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

armrest looks good jerry and the new grill will be spot on not so sure about the alloys tho prefer the paras but i agree with willie about ur passion for the car it still looks fab :-P not so sure about ur choice of radio station bbc gaelic come on ur not as old as willie yet lol

I'm having silly thoughts of selling the new wheels and my 18" m Para's to fund some 19" m paras or 19" BBS LM reps

Edited by jerry528

Just stumbled onto the first page of this thread when searching the forum and had to keep reading and looking at the pics. Real credit to you Jerry, car looks proper mint. Go for the bbs lm :-)

I was the same with Wheel choice when I had my e39 M5 and ended up with an OEM set of 19" BBS LM's which I should never have sold...! and a set of 19" ACS Type III Racing which I ended up splitting and had the centres Powder Coated in Black which I kept on the car until I sold it.

BBS LM's are THE Wheel IMO but I would look out for a genuine set as all the reps I have come across seem to deteriorate quite quickly. Single piece rims for the winter and splits for the summer... 8)  Thats the way to roll...

C.

Cheers guys

Really not sure what to do keep m Para's for summer and the style 69s for winter or go another route!

I can't justify the price for genuine LMs would be worth more than the car lol

Then you see Anils alpinas and then others M5 wheels up for sale It changes my mind daily!!!

Oh and then there are Rondells with the 10" rears !!!

Edited by jerry528

What about a nice set of Style 5's in 18". Cheaper and I would imagine easier to find than LM's with similar Wow Factor... Now you've got me thinking, off to check ebay... ;)

C.

Well they say all good things come to an end and tonight they have...

Sold the car after 5 happy years, best car I've ever owned but running costs were just getting too much

The new owner has been pointed in the forums direction so hopefully it will still be around

Will still be on the forum cos IMO it's the best forum around and lots of good guys on it

Next car is looking like honda Civic 2.2 cdti which I'm getting for free so hard to turn down but you never know I could be back on a 5 sometime soon

First time ever someone has driven my car and the sight of it going away was gutting!!!

Edited by jerry528

Bloody hell you had it 5 years!! It was a superb car. And the upgrades you did to it made even nicer I think. Those civic 2.2 ictdi's are good cars though. You'll notice a difference in your fuel bill that's for sure!! Lol