themanstan

KCA-420i and Intravee II install

Cheers Richard,what fuse would have blown?and do you know the size of the metal inserts that go in side the plug?

Edited by Jason M5

I think its fuse 56 in the rear fuse box (right side).

Unless you stripped the connectors off the wires the existing ones should just slide in, but if you need to replace the contacts too, then it's part number 61 13 0 006 663 Bushing Contact 0.75 mm².

OK, sounds like you've not blown a fuse, most of the Nav/Radio/Phone system are protected by the same fuses, although there are quite a few of them for various different things. 25,43, 44, 56 and 58.

Hello all intravee 2 fitted to car,but won't charge my ipod touch where can i get the adapter to charge it ?

and whats up with the intravee site i can't seem to register.

Edited by Jason M5

I got a charging adaptor from ebay, however it's a bit hit and miss.

After a bit of research I found that Maplin do them for around £8 - going to get one this week at some point and give it a good test before I receive my lumidock as it'll be hidden away once thats installed.

Edited by Mark White

I got a charging adaptor from ebay, however it's a bit hit and miss.

After a bit of research I found that Maplin do them for around £8 - going to get one this week at some point and give it a good test before I receive my lumidock as it'll be hidden away once thats installed.

Bought that one from Maplin,cheers for advice.

Self registration on the Intravee forum had to be disabled because there were a huge number of bogus registrations from Russia, like about 1 every 5 seconds, which were then used to send spam PMs to other members.

You can request an account by e-mailing support@intravention.co.uk, you could ask for the latest 6.02 firmware while you're at it, it's outlined in the FAQ http://www.intravent...hp?topic=1110.0

Edit : Looks like you already have an account there, unless someone else has the same name.

Edited by RichardP

Yes Richard its me on the forum,i have a question for u,the time in my car seems to reset to a totaly different time,it only started doing that once i fitted the intravee,any ideas what could cause this?

Edited by Jason M5

It will be the option to set the time from the GPS time signal from the Nav. In the release firmware it was a little 'iffy', in that the Nav sends the time signal even if it has not picked up the GPS signal, so it's usually wrong! I'd recommend either turning the feature off or getting a copy of the 6.02 firmware which can detect if the time signal is reported as being valid or not.

How do i turn it off ? I saw an option for the clock in the intravee menu.i don't have a cable to connect it to my pc yet.

The Intravee is shipped with the latest release firmware, the firmware with the extras is pre-release so you won't have it. You need to ask for support@intravemtion.co.uk for the latest pre-release firmware.

Thanks Richard but i don't think i'll bother with it,im just not that confident at doing an update via the laptop.

If you're ever passing this way, or I'm up your way, I can update it for you if you want, it's quite easy. I'm due to travel up to Oban at the end of June, not sure on the best route, but it must involve going somewhere near!

Edited by RichardP

I know Oban is quite a way from Greenock, but I'll be driving from Yorkshire to Oban which will probably take me over the Erskine bridge, about 10 miles from Greenock. Used to do sailing with my dad on the Clyde so I know the area a little.

However, if you want to post it to me that's no problem at all.

Edited by RichardP

I know Oban is quite a way from Greenock, but I'll be driving from Yorkshire to Oban which will probably take me over the Erskine bridge, about 10 miles from Greenock. Used to do sailing with my dad on the Clyde so I know the area a little.

However, if you want to post it to me that's no problem at all.

Might go for the post option,how much richard? We should meet when your up here.

I've got the revised KCA-420i mod running which I said I'd do at no charge for you, so if you post me both the 420i and Intravee I'll do the revised mod and update the firmware at the same time.