Noobmw

No fuse card. Dipped headlight

Hi. 

This is my first post. 

I'm sure it must be on here somewhere but I can't find the fuse or relay for the dipped headlights on my E61. I don't have the card so difficult to identify.

One dipped headlight is working the other isn't. I'm assuming that both are on the same fuse?

I've changed the bulb but it isn't that.

Any suggestions where to look. I put a meter across the connections and there was no voltage. I had just replaced the halos both sides . Then the car reported dipped headlight fail.

Thanks in advance.

Hi. 
This is my first post. 
I'm sure it must be on here somewhere but I can't find the fuse or relay for the dipped headlights on my E61. I don't have the card so difficult to identify.
One dipped headlight is working the other isn't. I'm assuming that both are on the same fuse?
I've changed the bulb but it isn't that.
Any suggestions where to look. I put a meter across the connections and there was no voltage. I had just replaced the halos both sides . Then the car reported dipped headlight fail.
Thanks in advance.

The light module controls them, no additional fuses.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply.

So does this mean that the light module is faulty or is there anything else I can check first ?

All the other lights are working perfectly.

15 hours ago, Noobmw said:

I had just replaced the halos both sides . Then the car reported dipped headlight fail.

Did you disconnect the battery when changing them? I know it is a bit late now, but always disconnect the battery when doing electrical work like changing bulbs in the future. As @GoNz0 said, you need BMW diagnostics to check/reset the LCM (Light Control Module).

Looking online seems someone has reset the lcm by disconnecting the battery.

Does this sound feasible?

Will disconnecting the battery cause and other issues?

Just now, Noobmw said:

Looking online seems someone has reset the lcm by disconnecting the battery.

Does this sound feasible?

Will disconnecting the battery cause and other issues?

I've known a fault like yours to reset following the disconnection of the battery, but there's no guarantee it will work this time. You can't do anything wrong by disconnecting the battery; leave it disconnected for a while and see if it works.