alex.alexutz89

E60 Bluetooth issue

Hi Guys,

So I’ve been looking for an answer for a long time but no luck, I’ve seen similar threads but none with my symptoms …

I have a 2007 LCI 520msport with Bluetooth module mulf2.  It’s been working ish in the past with very sluggish phone call quality … and very slow connecting my phone to it, but eventually I would have gotten a connection … but know I just can’t connect to it no matter what phone I use.

Weird points to mention:

when I go into Bluetooth settings, I see a box with “Bluetooth communication active” and it’s ticked.  I tried to untick the box and it just stays ticked no matter how many times I press to un-tick it.  I disconnected the mulf2 Bluetooth module and the box stays the same .. ticked saying there’s an active Bluetooth connection … even though there’s no module there… 

I have replaced my Bluetooth module with a similar mulf2 module and the same story, the box is ticked indicating that there is an active Bluetooth communication ….  But it’s not working at all.. 

When I connect the mulf2 I get a red light on the fiber optics connection but that light goes off after about 10 seconds .. this happens with any mulf module I plug into the car.  That tells me that it works for about 10 seconds then it just stops working …. I’ve checked all fuses in behind the glove box and they’re all good .. all tough I don’t  know which number fuse is for the Bluetooth module ?? 

any ideas guys ??

Fuses vary by car, I use the included fuse diagram or look it up while the cars on diagnostics. Afraid in your case it would need to be put in an ICOM unit with the optical attachment to properly diagnose it.

13 hours ago, GoNz0 said:

Fuses vary by car, I use the included fuse diagram or look it up while the cars on diagnostics. Afraid in your case it would need to be put in an ICOM unit with the optical attachment to properly diagnose it.

Are there fuses behind the trim above the battery like in my 2004 E60? On the fuse layout, is there a diagram where the emergency kit is stored in the boot?

7 minutes ago, Changy said:

Are there fuses behind the trim above the battery like in my 2004 E60? On the fuse layout, is there a diagram where the emergency kit is stored in the boot?

Yes and yes

On 11/24/2021 at 7:53 PM, GoNz0 said:

Thanks Gonzo,

So the reason why I need a icom unit is to see which fuse is faulty ?  I’d take it the fuses are to blame ? 

15 minutes ago, alex.alexutz89 said:

Thanks Gonzo,

So the reason why I need a icom unit is to see which fuse is faulty ?  I’d take it the fuses are to blame ? 

The diagnostic package needs an ICOM unit for your car. Once connected, it helps determine the likely fault, which might not be a fuse.