Sign in to follow this  
535i Andrew

Mini ratchet for Mechanics bits

Having previously struggled to access the top centre cross brace bolt on the front of my F10 where there isn't room to get in with a conventional ratchet and bit holder for the Torx T40 bit, I made do with the 10mm hex T40 bit being held in a 10mm spanner, I was recently reminded that there is a specific tool for that.

Double ended reversible ratchet that is a the size of a spanner that will hold 10mm hex bits and 1/4" hex bits in a ratchet assembly.  The 10mm hex end has a 72 tooth ratchet which allows for only 5 degrees of movement.  The smaller hex end is a courser ratchet, 48 teeth I think.

5-E022-C32-80-D6-448-C-9-B2-A-0-E78-C270

6-AA02373-A9-FA-4-FE7-905-C-78779-A869-B

I've got this little kit:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bahco-SL25-Socket-Piece-Drive/dp/B000Y8XCA8/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=bacho&qid=1637674667&sr=8-6

It's been about the best thing I ever bought; comes in so handy for all sorts of 'small place accessibility' needs etc; more so with my fat hands :mrgreen:

4 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Having previously struggled to access the top centre cross brace bolt on the front of my F10 where there isn't room to get in with a conventional ratchet and bit holder for the Torx T40 bit, I made do with the 10mm hex T40 bit being held in a 10mm spanner, I was recently reminded that there is a specific tool for that.

Double ended reversible ratchet that is a the size of a spanner that will hold 10mm hex bits and 1/4" hex bits in a ratchet assembly.  The 10mm hex end has a 72 tooth ratchet which allows for only 5 degrees of movement.  The smaller hex end is a courser ratchet, 48 teeth I think.

5-E022-C32-80-D6-448-C-9-B2-A-0-E78-C270

6-AA02373-A9-FA-4-FE7-905-C-78779-A869-B

Where from Andrew?

11 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

I’m sending  you the bill....

Away you go, I'm sure you'll find a way to fiddle it thru your business expenses or at the minimum claim tax relief on it.:P